Ivan Nalimov, 2014 6th Round Goalie Draft Pick, Requests Trade

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Imagine if Delia fixes holes in his game and becomes a viable #1 and one of the kids comes and takes job from him giving Hawks a trade chip down line in Delia

Reactions: Cowch

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Why "ugh" ? We don't know what we have in any of them, yet, really. Delia impressed quite a bit last season, even though he came back down to earth a bit. Lankinen was outstanding in the World Championships, and played against loads of talent. So not sure what you have an issue with.
I don't see any of those goalies being able to hold a #1 goalie position by 20-21. That's why.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the Bhawks are a product of their late and failed earlier retool.

so if Delia or any other do develop as a viable option as a back up, then that will buy an extra yr of the prospects to further develop for yr 2.......

at this position, the goalie, the Bhawks will or need to fix on the fly.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
So you then sign a stopgap

Canes went to ECF with a UFA stopgap
Isles went to 2nd round with UFA stopgap
Etc
Etc
Well yeah, that's kind of what I implied by my post.
If people (like Bowman) expect this team to be competing again in 20-21, there is no way you go into that season with those 4 as your goalies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If people (like Bowman) expect this team to be competing again in 20-21, there is no way you go into that season with those 4 as your goalies.

Based on your opinion. Which has a good chance of being proven terribly wrong. IMO.

Odds are that one of those four is the starter of the future here.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Based on your opinion. Which has a good chance of being proven terribly wrong. IMO.

Odds are that one of those four is the starter of the future here.
Of course it's my opinion...

I hope one of them is a starter of the future, I am just highly skeptical that they will be good enough to help carry us to a Cup by 20-21.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Of course it's my opinion...

I hope one of them is a starter of the future, I am just highly skeptical that they will be good enough to help carry us to a Cup by 20-21.

Anyone ever think Niemi was good enough to help the Hawks win a Cup? Did you?

Why do they have to win the Cup by 20-21? This team is basically being built to really start being a contender in 21-22, IMO, while getting back to being competitive, and in the playoffs, by next season.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Anyone ever think Niemi was good enough to help the Hawks win a Cup? Did you?

Why do they have to win the Cup by 20-21? This team is basically being built to really start being a contender in 21-22, IMO, while getting back to being competitive, and in the playoffs, by next season.
I don't see the Hawks having a 2010 like team by 20-21, so no, Niemi wouldn't have been good enough for a Cup had he not been behind an amazing team like the Hawks of 2010.

They don't have to win the Cup by 20-21, but they may have a team good enough to do it by 20-21 (and Bowman stated he wants to compete in the next 12-18mths) so I hope they have a goalie good enough to do so by then (20-21).

Sorry for stating my opinion.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't see the Hawks having a 2010 like team by 20-21, so no, Niemi wouldn't have been good enough for a Cup had he not been behind an amazing team like the Hawks of 2010.

They don't have to win the Cup by 20-21, but they may have a team good enough to do it by 20-21 (and Bowman stated he wants to compete in the next 12-18mths) so I hope they have a goalie good enough to do so by then (20-21).

Lol. I never said you can't have an opinion. I just disagree with it, and find it crazy to say "ugh" when you have no idea what you have in those 4 goalies a year and a half from now.

I mean, what do you expect? For them to go out and pay an insane amount of money for a mediocre #1?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the main problem for me is, next season, the 2019-2020 season, CC is hopefully the #1 goalie for the whole season.

with understanding that, the Bhawks will hopefully have a viable backup..... and will give the youngins experience....

then after that, the Bhawks FO will need to address that position, if needed.

we can not predict anything until the team see the prospects perform in game situation.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Lol. I never said you can't have an opinion. I just disagree with it, and find it crazy to say "ugh" when you have no idea what you have in those 4 goalies a year and a half from now.

I mean, what do you expect? For them to go out and pay an insane amount of money for a mediocre #1?
No, I would expect them to have a vet goalie, like Crawford, and not just have those 4 goalies after next year. I thought that was clear from what I have been saying.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Best case scenario...because of Seabropk al atross and Keith possibly declining even further with his aging and our forwards refusal to defend anything properly in our zone and other issues in the d-zone,it is unlikely Hawks will rise enough to get into the playoffs even IF Craword returns to grade A top ten in league save%...but IF he does that and if Jawks are our of playoff contention by the TDL then a CrWford performance g at a high level on the fi al year of his contract means we could trade him at the TDL ..

On the other hand...if his health issues crop up again or if he is healthy but cannot be a Wall Savuiur to a leaky Hawks defense , then we might as well just let him play season out and not extend him for future seasons...in this scenario where CC cannot get back to elite goaltending level again we WILL not make the playoffs unless Delia or Lankinen do play beyond expectation to rise to Wall Sabiour status to mitigate poor defending by those in front of them.

In either the CC plays great scenario (ups his trade value) or the CC is just a enrage or worse scenario we will benefit:

.if traded at TDL if he is playing great but we still arenot real Cup contender,we get a haul of picks back....if he plays season out and we miss or barely tak a last wildcard spot,then both our draft pick would be at least mid round and we then save $6.0 on cap for next season whi h could be used to get a good player bia favor trade and pay that guy.

To plan for our goaltending future...sign NLimov Nd let him compete with Delia and Lankinen for the back up job this season ,obviously trade Forsberg now at the draft...Nd draft Kochetkov at #43 if still on the board to develop him ...and still have Gravel another year in juniors..Then Soet out the goaltending g from all those options as it develops.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Imagine wanting to compete in 2020-21 and having 1 of these 4 as your potential starting NHL goalie...ugh.

I don't see any of those goalies being able to hold a #1 goalie position by 20-21. That's why.

No, I would expect them to have a vet goalie, like Crawford, and not just have those 4 goalies after next year. I thought that was clear from what I have been saying.

Yes... you made that really clear with these posts. The only one that even came close to you stating that, was the one where you stated you were implying it... Your initial post made it seem like you were disgusted by the fact that those were the Hawks goalie prospects.

Nothing you were saying was clear until the post above, where you said you've been implying that they sign a stop-gap veteran #1.

You're also talking about something that is a year and a half away... as if we have any clue what will happen in that year and a half.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015

I thought Bowman's timeline was 18-24 months? did I misread that somewhere.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yes... you made that really clear with these posts. The only one that even came close to you stating that, was the one where you stated you were implying it... Your initial post made it seem like you were disgusted by the fact that those were the Hawks goalie prospects.

Nothing you were saying was clear until the post above, where you said you've been implying that they sign a stop-gap veteran #1.

You're also talking about something that is a year and a half away... as if we have any clue what will happen in that year and a half.
I'm in no way disgusted by our goalie prospects, just don't see any of them being the #1 by 20-21, and if we are competing by then, we shouldnt be relying on them to help carry us to a Cup. It's my opinion they won't be good enough by then.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I'm in no way disgusted by our goalie prospects, just don't see any of them being the #1 by 20-21, and if we are competing by then, we shouldnt be relying on them to help carry us to a Cup. It's my opinion they won't be good enough by then.

Goalies are weird. No one had Binnington as a #1 as recently as October of this year. And now he's 3 wins from a Cup.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Goalies are weird. No one had Binnington as a #1 as recently as October of this year. And now he's 3 wins from a Cup.
Yeah, they are weird, I'll give ya that. Obviously anything can happen, but I guarantee Stan won't be banking on those 4 as his only goalie options for that year. He'll have a vet in there, like Crow.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I thought Bowman's timeline was 18-24 months? did I misread that somewhere.

Yeah, that’s correct, he said that in February. That means the team will either be elite to start the 2020-21 season or by the 2020-21 playoffs.

Continuing to rebuild methodically is the preferred method, but that should take at least another few seasons. The defensemen prospects probably will not be impact players on a Cup contender at 19-21. They still have to figure out the goalie situation. And beyond that, there must be some major signings and trades that work out. He has a lot on his plate if that is what ownership expects from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad