Ivan Nalimov, 2014 6th Round Goalie Draft Pick, Requests Trade

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The more I read the more I realize that his agent is just posturing at this point. The Hawks haven't said no to him coming over yet so there is zero point in freaking out. I wouldn't be shocked if the traded him or Forsberg at the draft. He isn't a can't miss prospect and statistically he has the same stats as the Legend Lars Johansson.

I think he could be a good NHL goalie but lets not blow this out of proportion.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I find it odd anyone would consider Berube as still to be around. He was even in rockford but Glass was the backup that took over their final series. I certainly expected him gone by trade or loan once seasons start

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Per Scott Powers, Nalimov signed a 1-year contract in the KHL. The Hawks wanted him to spend 1 more season in the KHL before coming over to North America. Bowman and Nalimov's agent had a good conversation and apparently everyone is pleased.

Anyone want to guess where Nalimov ranks among Hawk goalie prospects? Forsberg, Delia, and Lankinen are the others in the pipeline.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
For me Nalimov is the #1 but I have seen him a lot more than others.

Nalimov, Delia, Lankinen. In that order.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
So Nalimov is back on the path he said he was on prior to the June change of mind moment.

Lankenin has the most consistent trajectory of improving and playing well each season but does that transfer to better leagues?

The case against Nalimov is his play is backed up only by a recent strong 3 month stretch but thats the same case for Delia. Just hard to rank a lot of each being question marks

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So according to The Atheltic, Nalimov wants to sign now. Do the Hawks sign him? Obviously they can release Forsberg to make some room for Nalimov, but what about Gravel the following year? Then they have to get rid of someone again.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
with the idea of Forberg, as i have said before, pkg him with someone else and trade him for picks.

now with Nalimov, Lankenin and Delia bring them all in for the training camp. let them sort it out..... via best performance in camp.

remember this is the last yr of CC per his contract and there is an opening for a back-up.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
So according to The Atheltic, Nalimov wants to sign now. Do the Hawks sign him? Obviously they can release Forsberg to make some room for Nalimov, but what about Gravel the following year? Then they have to get rid of someone again.
Nothing wrong with Gravel playing ECHL his first year. It's a huge jump from the Q to the pros.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
just my gut; something tells me Crow will not be around past this year and if that is the case we have 4 G Lanikinen, Delia, Gravel and Nalimov and that is all good

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
totally agree..... use this season coming up as to see who can handle the #1 goalie of the future.

and since this is still an unproven area, still draft a good goalie in the draft.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
totally agree..... use this season coming up as to see who can handle the #1 goalie of the future.

and since this is still an unproven area, still draft a good goalie in the draft.

Agreed, worry about the problem of having too many good goalies when it comes.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Is Forsberg under contract? I can’t imahine him wanting to stick around in Rockford another year.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Great ... we can trade Nalimov + Seabrook + 2020 first round pick (top 5 protected) + Forsling for Trouba.

The Jets can take it or leave it. :laugh:

That said, if Nalimov is requesting a trade, that means he wants to come to the NHL. The Hawks should force him to compete for a spot. If he can't win a position, we can accommodate his request. The Hawks can't trade Nalimov without knowing what they have.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
His contract is up. Either he gets re-signed this summer, has his RFA rights traded, or gets released.
He has a lot of talent. Unfortunately, he hasn't figured it out yet. I bet he gets released. At this point, I'd rather see Nalimov get a fair shake along with Delia and Lankinen to back up Crow. Do the Hawks bring in a veteran goalie again just in case?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
So according to The Atheltic, Nalimov wants to sign now. Do the Hawks sign him? Obviously they can release
Forsberg to make some room for Nalimov, but what about Gravel the following year? Then they have to get rid of someone again.

Would only be a 1 year entry deal. Would be able to reevaluate after the next season before gravel plays in Rockford.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It's simple, Hawks sign him and drop Forsberg. We don't sign any free agent goalies this off-season.

You let the three of Nalimov, Delia, and Lankinen fight for the three spots available, and give Gravel the starter role in the ECHL; not a great league, but this way we can have control over him and if/when one of the other goalies goes down, he can jump up to Rockford.

But all three of Nalimov, Delia, and Lankinen are all close to the same age and all are currently close together skill wise right now IMO. So we reward the guy who works hardest for that back-up role, and if his level of play drops, he gets switched out with another. It'll make for a really competitive battle which should drive each of them to improve.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
just my gut; something tells me Crow will not be around past this year and if that is the case we have 4 G Lanikinen, Delia, Gravel and Nalimov and that is all good
Imagine wanting to compete in 2020-21 and having 1 of these 4 as your potential starting NHL goalie...ugh.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Imagine wanting to compete in 2020-21 and having 1 of these 4 as your potential starting NHL goalie...ugh.

Why "ugh" ? We don't know what we have in any of them, yet, really. Delia impressed quite a bit last season, even though he came back down to earth a bit. Lankinen was outstanding in the World Championships, and played against loads of NHL talent. So not sure what you have an issue with. Seems like you're jumping the gun a bit with your "ugh" assessment of the situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad