Ivan Nalimov, 2014 6th Round Goalie Draft Pick, Requests Trade

Lovonov

Jun 7, 2018
Scott Powers talked with Ivan's agent the morning before publicly announcing the termination of Ivan's KHL contract with Salavet.

Nalimov is disinterested in signing with the Blackhawks due to the logjam of goaltenders in the system.

What do you guys think about this? Will Ivan come around to the idea of signing with Hawks? Or will the Hawks trade him. His rights are stuck with Chicago until traded.

Blackhawks goaltender prospect Ivan Nalimov requests trade, per report

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I’m sure Bowman would have made room for the guy if he hadn’t signed a contract for next year already. If I’m Bowman, I tell the guy to re-sign in the KHL for another year as he originally did, then try to come over next year. Nobody in the system right now is particularly promising.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I would argue that Delia is pretty promising. I feel he's a legitimate NHL goaltending prospect. Other than that, there's a lot of meh. Little argument here.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
You think going from SM-liiga to ECHL is viewed positively?

Lankinen didn't come to NA to play in ECHL

That's a long way from "rotting" in a league that has become known for NHL goaltender development. There's saying something may be not a viable or best option and then there's being insanely hyperbolic on the complete opposite end of the spectrum, but then that's your forte so why am I bothering to discuss this?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Crawford
Forsberg
Delia
Berube
Lankinen

I doubt very much Lankinen left Europe to rot in ECHL

So yeah its very crowded at moment

that is not a logjam, 2 of those goalies will be on the NHL team likely, and we have no clue about Crow's health...the rest are just prayers at this point...this is not a logjam by any means....and you, the biggest basher of Bowman and his lack of drafting/signing goalies, you now think we have a logjam at the position???? just a month or two ago you were still trashing "Stanley" for not having enough goalies in the system, or any that look like they could be NHL quality...but now it is a logjam???? really BWC??

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I’m really confused on where he would like to get traded to where he thinks there’s more opportunity. Does he have like three teams in mind?

We had a carousel of goaltenders last year and the only person who played really well in the net has health issues and his status is unknown. If your confident in yourself I don’t know why you wouldn’t wanna come here. Could easily win the backup job and maybe more depending on Crawford’s health.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Crawford
Forsberg
Delia
Berube
Lankinen

I doubt very much Lankinen left Europe to rot in ECHL

So yeah its very crowded at moment
That's like looking at the ChiSix starting rotation and saying it's crowded. Technically, numbers do make a crowd ... but it's nothing more bowel movements that can be flushed except 1. And that 1, is barely floating due to injury concerns.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Didnt he have really good numbers in the KHL? Dissappointing, id rather take a chance on him than forsberg at this point

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Looking at his numbers, he has one good 23 game stretch with a bunch of mediocre seasons. I remember when BWC trashed Stan for not having an experienced backup goalie, and he wants to hand the reigns over to this kid when Crow's status is unknown?

He should come over and compete in camp. If he feels he outplays everyone and still gets demoted, sure, ask for a trade. No idea what the hell this guy thinks he's accomplished to demand a roster spot.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Logjam? Maybe in terms of contracted goalies nut NOT in legit top tier quality ready to back up or take over from Crawford
.Nope...no logjam on the talent scale in our goalie pipeline..so maybe we gotta use both 3rd rounders on drafting goalies in hopes 1 of them pans out in a few years?

But for now very iffy after Crawford

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Logjam? Maybe in terms of contracted goalies nut NOT in legit top tier quality ready to back up or take over from Crawford
.Nope...no logjam on the talent scale in our goalie pipeline..so maybe we gotta use both 3rd rounders on drafting goalies in hopes 1 of them pans out in a few years?

But for now very iffy after Crawford
Absolutely not.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Good, trade him. We'll find someone else who doesn't think they're entitled to a spot after accomplishing nothing

But don't let emotion dictate decisions. I wouldn't want to undervalue any goaltender in the organization. If Nalimov has any potential whatsoever he should be given a chance to show what he has.

The so-called "log jam" in net is one of mediocrity.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
But don't let emotion dictate decisions. I wouldn't want to undervalue any goaltender in the organization. If Nalimov has any potential whatsoever he should be given a chance to show what he has.

The so-called "log jam" in net is one of mediocrity.

100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad