Ivan Fedotov, very large goalie, has arrived in Philadelphia

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Is Juuse Saros the shortest goalie in the league? If so, the tallest and shortest goalies in the NHL are both born Finnish born.
As far as current starting goalies, I believe so. The smallest ever was like 5'7.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
So how tall is he?
Elite prospects says he is 202 cm and Wikipedia says he is 198 cm.
tumblr_mt1ol0hFeD1s2wio8o1_400.gif

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Darren Pang is 5'5", and some guy called Roy "Shrimp" Worters in the 20s was 5'3"
Yeah, good call on pang. For some reason I had Mason pegged as their starter. For shrimp I was just kinda using from the original 6 era up, but that's also a good call.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Yeah, good call on pang. For some reason I had Mason pegged as their starter. For shrimp I was just kinda using from the original 6 era up, but that's also a good call.

Roy Worters actually predates the Original Six, by several years. Was one of the few goalies to win the Hart Trophy, and is a Hall of Fame member. Played for some bad teams so never won the Cup.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Looked brutal against the Sabres, 4 goals on 19 shots and just so much shakiness. Problems moving laterally, tracking the puck behind the net, scrambling.

Sabres took awhile to figure it out, and still didn’t really take advantage of his lateral mobility issues because Sabres. They tried, ended up just snapping some shots past him clean.

Fun story, maybe he improves, but currently- no.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s bad at hockey. He’s not some young kid with a lot of time left. He’s just bad. But he’s tall I guess. That matters so much.

Flyers got big goalie problems.

• Haha

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He’s bad at hockey. He’s not some young kid with a lot of time left. He’s just bad. But he’s tall I guess. That matters so much.

Flyers got big goalie problems.

It was such fundamental stuff, though- either it’s like you said, and he might even just be pretty uncoordinated for a pro athlete, or maybe he’s had weird coaching in the past? Obviously had that break for military service, that’s different. Obviously it’s a problem for now, I just wonder if a good goalie coach could work wonders in the offseason. Probably not, but that’d be more fun.

• Haha

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It was such fundamental stuff, though- either it’s like you said, and he might even just be pretty uncoordinated for a pro athlete, or maybe he’s had weird coaching in the past? Obviously had that break for military service, that’s different. Obviously it’s a problem for now, I just wonder if a good goalie coach could work wonders in the offseason. Probably not, but that’d be more fun.
He’s never been good. Hasn’t once been top 10 in the KHL in SV%. The KHL is a low scoring league. Everyone has a good SV% compared to the NHL. You have to look how a goalie compares for the whole league.

I get he’s Russian and teams are now trying to find the next Vasilevskiy, Shestyorkin, or Sorokin, but this guy ain’t it. He’s a bum basically. There are much better Russian goaltenders who’ve yet to establish themselves in the NHL than him.

The whole military story was too bad for the guy, but it wasn’t keeping him from a big NHL career. It likely would’ve kept him from being the Flyers third goalie, going to the AHL for a few months, and then back to the KHL because he wasn’t NHL caliber. And being so big is a total sideshow. Makes some people think he has infinite potential. Probably makes the game more difficult for him to be honest.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad