Ivan Fedotov, very large goalie, has arrived in Philadelphia

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
He’s never been good. Hasn’t once been top 10 in the KHL in SV%. The KHL is a low scoring league. Everyone has a good SV% compared to the NHL. You have to look how a goalie compares for the whole league.

I get he’s Russian and teams are now trying to find the next Vasilevskiy, Shestyorkin, or Sorokin, but this guy ain’t it. He’s a bum basically. There are much better Russian goaltenders who’ve yet to establish themselves in the NHL than him.

The whole military story was too bad for the guy, but it wasn’t keeping him from a big NHL career. It likely would’ve kept him from being the Flyers third goalie, going to the AHL for a few months, and then back to the KHL because he wasn’t NHL caliber. And being so big is a total sideshow. Makes some people think he has infinite potential. Probably makes the game more difficult for him to be honest.

Are you talking about Fedotov or Rempe?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Are you talking about Fedotov or Rempe?
We’re hoping Rempe can be a bottom of the lineup NHL’er. Some Flyers fans have somehow convinced themselves that Fedotov would be the answer to their goalie problems, even though there’s literally no indication he’s good at hockey.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
We’re hoping Rempe can be a bottom of the lineup NHL’er. Some Flyers fans have somehow convinced themselves that Fedotov would be the answer to their goalie problems, even though there’s literally no indication he’s good at hockey.
Where are you seeing that? Nobody here has seen Fedotov as a saviour for anything. Hart is a raper, and Errson is gassed. Fedotov is a stop gap, at most a 1B, while we figure out what we have with Kolosov and Zavragin.

But hey, keep straw manning. Also hilarious that Fedotov after 1.5 games is a finished NHL product, but Rempe has the potential to be anything more than a 6’5 punching bag.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Where are you seeing that? Nobody here has seen Fedotov as a saviour for anything. Hart is a raper, and Errson is gassed. Fedotov is a stop gap, at most a 1B, while we figure out what we have with Kolosov and Zavragin.

But hey, keep straw manning. Also hilarious that Fedotov after 1.5 games is a finished NHL product, but Rempe has the potential to be anything more than a 6’5 punching bag.
I'm pretty sure I read one of your posts saying he could be the difference between making the playoffs and not.

Sounds like you are expecting a lot from a goalie who is likely a league average KHL goalie. I don't think there's any indication he's actually better than Petersen and Sandstrom. He's another body. That's it.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
I'm pretty sure I read one of your posts saying he could be the difference between making the playoffs and not.

Sounds like you are expecting a lot from a goalie who is likely a league average KHL goalie. I don't think there's any indication he's actually better than Petersen and Sandstrom. He's another body. That's it.
The expectation of being better than Pettersen and Sandstrom is not very high at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad