News Article: It's time to cut the cord with Chris Thorburn & Anthony Peluso

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Can we acknowledge how terrible Thorburn is at fighting?

That's my biggest complaint with him, is that his deficiencies in that regard forced the Jets to grab Peluso, because they wanted a good facepuncher on the team.

Thorburn is a fine fill in 4th liner, and honestly, I don't even HATE him on the third if we're shorthanded. He knows not to do anything too stupid on the ice.

Stuart is a terrible NHL defenseman, and the biggest weakness on the jets that doesn't sit between the pipes. Great guy, but just a not very good hockey player.

Yes, I'll agree with all three points. Worst overall for like past 5 seasons = Pavs hands down. Worst now = Stu hands down. Bad but not terrible (just doesn't deserve to be playing half as much as he does = Thorburn.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't believe it to be a myth so I will agree to disagree.

Final points - Tomas Tatar also parts of 4 seasons in the AHL and now a 20 goal man. Dylan Larkin the 1st teenager on the Wings since Hudler in 2003 and 1st to start opening night since Sellinger in 1990.

If it is a myth this may be a good read. The Red Wings organization seems to have a development plan.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...ild-a-dynasty/article12147433/?service=mobile

I would rather see Thorbs and Peluso in the PB than guys like Petan and Lemieux.

There are a few recent examples. Tatar is 1. There are not near enough to support the myth.

Detroit failing to draft players good enough to play in the NHL as teenagers has far more to do with where they drafted than with any development scheme.

I went back to 1980 and looked at their drafting. Don't take my word for just go and look. You will see it for yourself.

Agree about the PB. :)

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Not to get too all over the place but I think outside of some really over the top pre-season performances that the Jets roster will be fairly predictable. By that I mean contracts and waiver eligibility will dictate things.

The Jets WILL start the season with Stuart & Thorburn in the starting line up. Stuart is 100% in and Thorburn is about 90% in. (not my choice but the reality).

This means that some pretty good players will be demoted to the AHL because we can do so without losing them. I do think that the roster can change fairly quickly because of injuries and performance etc...

But people listing Stafford on the 4th aren't being very realistic as to what is going to happen.

Lastly I see zero chance of the Jets starting the season with Laine and Connor on the same line. I "think" Laine is a lock for that 2nd line and Connor may yet earn the 3rd line spot but is also very likely to find himself on the Moose for the reasons listed above. Could the two of them end up on a line together later in the year... sure... anything can happen. But I believe if Connor is with the Jets they will look to get him advantageous match ups with someone like Perrault to feed him the puck.

Agree, he has 30 goals in 104 games with the Jets. He is not being demoted to the 4th line. Maybe he gets traded if Jets management find they need to make room for one of the young RW's but if we are in a playoff race next season he will be here for the full season and likely on the 2nd line, maybe 3rd.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
In my dreams, Thorburn, Peluso, Stuart, and Pavelec are demoted, only to bring up some of the youth movement.

Imagine if all of Hellebuyck, Morrissey, Connor, and Laine pan out and excel this year? That would guarantee us a playoff spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad