It's time for Spezza, MacArthur and Ryan to be our first line.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
I am thinking it is a bit unrealistic that an Ahl'er is going to make this ugly witch presentable.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Spezza would absolutely kill that line. The possession game that line can play because of having three players who can skate, handle the puck and cycle in the corners is key to their offensive production.

It would be catastrophic losing the offense from the only line on the team that can produce.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Why? So Spezza can ruin another line! He has no compete in his game, he loses puck battles to much smaller forwards, he continues to throw the puck away, it's the one thing he does consistently & very well along with Karlsson. I am all in favour of finding wingers for Spezza but as I have said so often he is very hard to play with since no one seems to be able to determine what he is about to do & he plays too much of an east/west game. PM seems to be stuck on that 3rd line & I understand why, but he needs to spread those guys around to get them scoring a little too.

First, place Corvo on waivers or include him in a deal to offset some money. Second get rid of Conacher & Condra & bring up Stone & Hoffman. Maybe these three plus JOB could get you a decent defenceman, if not, get rid of them individually for some late round picks which is better than nothing. Can they send Conacher to Bingo?

Hoffman - Spezza - Michalek
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Greening - Zibanejad - Stone
Z. Smith - Grant - Neil/Kassian
One can only wish. There are a lot of below average players on our roster who if they were gone wouldn't make a difference.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
At this point all you can hope from Spezza is that he can produce on the PP and chip in the occasional even strength goal using that great shot of his, while not letting the opposition score too many goals against him and his line at even strength hockey.

He may just be finished as a top offensive player. He shows flashes of the player he used to be, but all the injuries may have finally slowed him down for good.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Then keep Michalek with Spezza and add another guy then ? If you think Conacher is that important to all the teams problems then your a bigger twit than you seem, and that says a lot :)

Conacher shouldn't even be in the league. He is a career AHLer.

Good for him that he works hard a lot. He still sucks.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Spezza would absolutely kill that line. The possession game that line can play because of having three players who can skate, handle the puck and cycle in the corners is key to their offensive production.

It would be catastrophic losing the offense from the only line on the team that can produce.

I agree completely different styles. I think that's why they think someday Stone could be the guy just get into the scoring area and wait. Michalek I just think is past his best before date, and Conacher will never be a fit with Spezza, he plays with speed and was better suited for the Turris line before Ryan couldn't stick with Spezza.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
At this point all you can hope from Spezza is that he can produce on the PP and chip in the occasional even strength goal using that great shot of his, while not letting the opposition score too many goals against him and his line at even strength hockey.

He may just be finished as a top offensive player. He shows flashes of the player he used to be, but all the injuries may have finally slowed him down for good.
I don't necessarilly agree Spezza is done, he is still getting pts. They just need to find the players who can play with him & excel. Two yrs ago Greening & Michalek played well with him, I'm not sure why PM hasn't gone back to that. He seems to like the Z. Smith line a lot & may not want to break them up but IMO he should to give those guys more opportunities to play with more offensive players. The problem with Spezza now is that the team is losing & his give aways are magnified. When they were winning nobody cared, well except me it seemed.

The financial situation of this owner IMO hurts this team from making deals for good players who would add salary to their budget I think. I still think that Fleischmann would be a good target & BM may have to give up either a 1st (2015) or a 2nd 2014 to get him & include Puempel in a deal as well as some salary. Fleischmann is a pt producer, plays LW which allows Michalek to play RW where he seems to produce the most pts & he is a veteran something the team seems to need more of. They should also try Hoffman or Stone or both soon. I think we will see some changes after tomorrow night's game, Minny should be pissed after their loss to the stinking Habs & Cook & Heatley come to town. If that doesn't get them up to play Minny nothing will.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
That's what you do to get others going. Over the last few seasons Alfie was the guy who moved through the line up to get a spark.

It might be a good line but we still aren't winning.

It is time to find other players who can fit with Turris.

With Spezza's recent injuries he was unable to have a normal training camp. To start the season he was with Ryan and Michalek. He still wasn't in 100% game shape and was playing against the top teams in the league in our opening road trip. No that he has some games under his belt it is time to try him Ryan again.

Clearly you arent the coach. For many reasons.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Sit Spezza for few games.

Clark-Turris-Ryan
Michalek/?- Zibby-Conacher/?

Call some forward up from AHL

I am sure, we would be happy with performance.

Last edited:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
eggs.jpg

You don't want this.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
I don't necessarilly agree Spezza is done, he is still getting pts. They just need to find the players who can play with him & excel. Two yrs ago Greening & Michalek played well with him, I'm not sure why PM hasn't gone back to that. He seems to like the Z. Smith line a lot & may not want to break them up but IMO he should to give those guys more opportunities to play with more offensive players. The problem with Spezza now is that the team is losing & his give aways are magnified. When they were winning nobody cared, well except me it seemed.

The financial situation of this owner IMO hurts this team from making deals for good players who would add salary to their budget I think. I still think that Fleischmann would be a good target & BM may have to give up either a 1st (2015) or a 2nd 2014 to get him & include Puempel in a deal as well as some salary. Fleischmann is a pt producer, plays LW which allows Michalek to play RW where he seems to produce the most pts & he is a veteran something the team seems to need more of. They should also try Hoffman or Stone or both soon. I think we will see some changes after tomorrow night's game, Minny should be pissed after their loss to the stinking Habs & Cook & Heatley come to town. If that doesn't get them up to play Minny nothing will.

That is a god awful trade. I wouldn't even trade Puempel straight up for Flash. He is our best winger prospect. Flash is just like michalek.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Its time spezza finds a new team... so that we dont have to find him a scoring winger to pad his stats.

yes, clearly that's why he has 18pts in 20 games. its his wingers padding stats 0 goals, 2 goals, 3 goals.
Hes not playing great but jesus christ wingers padding his stats?!?

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
Why in the world would you even think of moving Turris off that line lol.

I'd try anything. Really its one game and can be changed back on the fly.
Worst case scenario we have another bad game. Weve had plenty with turris mac ryan together.

Of were not gping to make a trade might as well throigh **** at the wall and see what sticks

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I'd try anything. Really its one game and can be changed back on the fly.
Worst case scenario we have another bad game. Weve had plenty with turris mac ryan together.

Of were not gping to make a trade might as well throigh **** at the wall and see what sticks

That part is already stuck to the wall.

bigray19

Nov 21, 2013
Yes Spezza/Ryan should be back together.

The turris line has been pretty quiet the last few games and they need to spread the health.

Michalek and Greening shouldn't even be in this leauge right now they totally suck.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Smith - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Michalek
Conacher - Zibanejad - Condra
Greening - Grant - Neil

IMO

bigray19

Nov 21, 2013
Smith - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Michalek
Conacher - Zibanejad - Condra
Greening - Grant - Neil

IMO

Not bad but I'd call up pageau and send either greening/michalek down. I'd put smith on the 3rd and zibby on the 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad