It's time for Spezza, MacArthur and Ryan to be our first line.

bigray19

Nov 21, 2013
Its almost as if the coach is punishing Spezza by not putting Ryan on his wing....the coach changes the lineups thought out the game like its going out of style but he won't put Spezza/Ryan together at all.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
This is actually interesting.

To bad the coach doesn't make every decision to please cujomi. Why should they load up Spezza's line when he is playing like garbage. I would like to see his time on ice cut. But hey I'm not the coach either. Minus 5 in the last 3 games. And you wonder why we can't win a game. Keep playing the lazy captain.

bigray19

Nov 21, 2013
To bad the coach doesn't make every decision to please cujomi. Why should they load up Spezza's line when he is playing like garbage. I would like to see his time on ice cut. But hey I'm not the coach either. Minus 5 in the last 3 games. And you wonder why we can't win a game. Keep playing the lazy captain.

"The best players will play" -MacLean

Yet he puts greening and michalek out in last few mins of the game.

Unload the Turris line and you'll get **** as well lol

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa

I for one typically argue with Cujomi about Spezza. He's been awful but still that lineup looks good i might switch michalek and conacher but I wouldnt mind trying this.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not bad but I'd call up pageau and send either greening/michalek down. I'd put smith on the 3rd and zibby on the 1st.

I was going based on our current line-up. Personally I would like to see Pageau back up with the Sens, but right now that doesn't look like an option (also I think that Hoffman has earned a look anyway).

The reason for the switch is that Zibanejad has, in the past, looked better as a centre than as a winger. He's also shown chemistry with Conacher and Condra before so I think that they could be a great tertiary scoring line that also controls the flow of play. A nice line that can take pressure off the top two.

I think Smith, Spezza and Ryan could be dynamite together, while MacArthur and Turris have insane chemistry so Michalek can just replace Ryan and do a similar job in terms of being opportunistic and helping with the cycle in the offensive zone.

You are eerily obsesssed with Spezza. I don't think it's healthy.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Michalek and Greening are dead weight this year I'd rather surround Spezza with better players, I think him with Zib and Conacher could get some scoring going and the Greening and Michalek with Smith could do well matched up against third lines.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Michalek and Greening are dead weight this year I'd rather surround Spezza with better players, I think him with Zib and Conacher could get some scoring going and the Greening and Michalek with Smith could do well matched up against third lines.

I thought the Greening Spezza Michalek line looked alright last night. I prefer a three line approach as opposed to top 6 stuff. The forth line is your energy shutdown line, if we are ahead in a game play them more, if we are behind in a game play the third line more. I hate Conacher on the top line, and while Zibby looks decent there I still say play him on the forth for a more balanced attack.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I thought the Greening Spezza Michalek line looked alright last night. I prefer a three line approach as opposed to top 6 stuff. The forth line is your energy shutdown line, if we are ahead in a game play them more, if we are behind in a game play the third line more. I hate Conacher on the top line, and while Zibby looks decent there I still say play him on the forth for a more balanced attack.
OMG ... I'm actually in agreement here ... I have said it before that Greening is that one guy who does seem to play fairly well with Spezza & Michalek but of course the experts here want a goal scorer there & so far that has not worked with Spezza. I think Greening provides more space, goes to the net & unlike Conacher actually wins puck battles along the boards plus it becomes a bigger line with Greening. Not to mention that Greening is also very good defensively & can cover up the Spezza give aways. Greening brings, size, defensive responsibility, toughness & stability to the line. I have said & would like to see Z. Smith shifted to wing on a scoring line, I think he has the potential to be an excellent tough power forward.

I still think PM needs to sit Condra & demote Conacher to Bingo if he can go down without going through waivers. If they are looking to deal these two they should be included in any package along with Corvo. They really only need a couple of tweaks however, the defence is still very young & making way too many mistakes but with experience should get better, if not then someone has to go. Personally, I think once Corvo & Phillips retire this team will be better off but it's the young guys playing better & making safer decisions especially Karlsson with the puck which will help.

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Z. Smith - Zibanejad - Stone
Hoffman - Grant - Neil/Kassian - against TO Kassian goes in & Hoffman comes out.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I'm not really big on breaking up the one consistent line we've had thus far, but I have to admit, Greening and Michalek have both been black holes in terms of Spezza passes. We need something to give #19 some new life. Spezza needs the occasional dish back to him, and he also likes the give and go, and it seems Michalek and Greening are just content to either dump the puck in or shoot from a poor angle. Often when you are in a slump, shooting early and often is the way to go, but this certainly isn't getting the most out of Spezza right now.

At this point, giving Hoffman a few games with Spezza couldn't hurt.

The only other thing I'll mention is the Condra-Grant-Zibanejad line has been really good on several occasions, so I'd keep that line in tact as well.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Why not mess with that line? We are a sub .500 team. Maybe its because we havent put our #1 C on our top line with the top sniper like we intended when we traded for him.

Spezza is only 2 points behind Turris and has played 1 less game!

I agree, put him back up, since it's not working were he is now, and Turris will work wherever you put him!

RedSeven*

Worst in game manager in the history of the planet.

This guy does not know what to do.

He ruins our PP.

Turris line has done nothing really lately. Last couple of games, they've had a couple of opportunities max.

This third period was the perfect opportunity to try Spezza and Ryan together. But No.

Our coach is a complete moron. We have Forrest Gump behind the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad