It's time for Spezza, MacArthur and Ryan to be our first line.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This experiment with putting Spezza with everybody is not going to work. Put Spezza with guys who can play and leave them together.
This team will only be successful if Spezza is a leading point getter on the top line.

trade or call up players to play with Turris. Seems like the only thing we haven't tried yet.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This experiment with putting Spezza with everybody is not going to work. Put Spezza with guys who can play and leave them together.
This team will only be successful if Spezza is a leading point getter on the top line.

trade or call up players to play with Turris. Seems like the only thing we haven't tried yet.

So you want to break up the only thing that works? Sorry that doesn't make sense.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So you want to break up the only thing that works? Sorry that doesn't make sense.

That's what you do to get others going. Over the last few seasons Alfie was the guy who moved through the line up to get a spark.

It might be a good line but we still aren't winning.

It is time to find other players who can fit with Turris.

With Spezza's recent injuries he was unable to have a normal training camp. To start the season he was with Ryan and Michalek. He still wasn't in 100% game shape and was playing against the top teams in the league in our opening road trip. No that he has some games under his belt it is time to try him Ryan again.

Huston

Sep 23, 2006
London
The Turris line is not producing like they were before. What if the result is even greater production than the Turris line at the best this season. nothing is working. Try something different.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The Turris line is the best offensive AND defensive line we have. No thank you.

Turris is playing a much better 2-way game than Spezza.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm not a coach and don't see the players in practice every day but I've always said I'd like to pair MacArthur and Spezza together and keep turris and Ryan and fill in the rest. Use forward pairings rather than lines to develop chemistry.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
If Spezza was playing well, like Smith is with his bad wingers, I would consider this. But he isn't. He is playing the worst hockey of his career, consistently. He simply doesn't deserve it.

Like I said; Smith looks good with bad wingers. Why can't Spezza?
Turris line is the only group of skaters that actually looks like a competitive line.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Why not mess with that line? We are a sub .500 team. Maybe its because we havent put our #1 C on our top line with the top sniper like we intended when we traded for him.

Its great they found some early chemistry. That means when we need to shake things up, we have a goto line. But perhaps Turris and Mika need to try and develop something now, while we take full advantage of our great #1 C on the top line with linemates that take advantage of him.

Many suggested a shakeup, go big or go home

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Why put Spetsa on this line? So he can feed Ryan with handcuffing passes and throw blind 100 mph shots into the skates of Turris? Trying to make Turris / Ryan / MacArthur pointless ? I'm sure Spetsa has an excuse or someone to blame (other than himself) every time his passes become turnovers.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
If Spezza was playing well, like Smith is with his bad wingers, I would consider this. But he isn't. He is playing the worst hockey of his career, consistently. He simply doesn't deserve it.

Like I said; Smith looks good with bad wingers. Why can't Spezza?
Turris line is the only group of skaters that actually looks like a competitive line.

This.
You can separate Smith's play from scrubs like greening and Neil, you can tell smith is playing well than those two, but with spezza I cant see the difference, doesnt matter who Spezza plays with because Spezza is also a problem

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Some people have coniptions when we bring up an ahl'er and make him play on a bottom line, like Mika. But Spez is no alfie, he doesnt make every line work, he makes the right lines work. Put him on the right line

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
As much as I like Spezza, his skating seems to be worse than it has ever been since he broke into the league. Not sure if it is his knee, back or groin that is still bugging him having said this, what Spezza needs is someone who can shoot the puck on his line. Either we make a trade or we bring someone up from Bingo that can shoot the puck. My top three would be 1.Hoffman 2. Stone or 3. Petersson give this a shot first and then make a trade if need be.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Some people have coniptions when we bring up an ahl'er and make him play on a bottom line, like Mika. But Spez is no alfie, he doesnt make every line work, he makes the right lines work. Put him on the right line

He had Ryan during the entire pre season and beginning of the year, how did that turn out ? The only constant on his line has been him, and nothing has worked. Guess we need to trade for someone better than Ryan ?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why? So Spezza can ruin another line! He has no compete in his game, he loses puck battles to much smaller forwards, he continues to throw the puck away, it's the one thing he does consistently & very well along with Karlsson. I am all in favour of finding wingers for Spezza but as I have said so often he is very hard to play with since no one seems to be able to determine what he is about to do & he plays too much of an east/west game. PM seems to be stuck on that 3rd line & I understand why, but he needs to spread those guys around to get them scoring a little too.

First, place Corvo on waivers or include him in a deal to offset some money. Second get rid of Conacher & Condra & bring up Stone & Hoffman. Maybe these three plus JOB could get you a decent defenceman, if not, get rid of them individually for some late round picks which is better than nothing. Can they send Conacher to Bingo?

Hoffman - Spezza - Michalek
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Greening - Zibanejad - Stone
Z. Smith - Grant - Neil/Kassian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->