Blue Jays Discussion: It's the off-season. Stuff might happen. Or it might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
No Romano sucks, but everything else about that roster is great. I love that it's a huge bench instead of an extra crappy BP arm or two.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Looks like all hands on deck other than Tellez, who may not be available this round, and Romano and Giles.

In a crazy shortened season like this, we are going into the playoffs relatively healthy.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Looks like all hands on deck other than Tellez, who may not be available this round, and Romano and Giles.

In a crazy shortened season like this, we are going into the playoffs relatively healthy.

I doubt he would be on the roster if he wasn't available.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I doubt he would be on the roster if he wasn't available.

I hope so, but the last I heard is that it would realistically be the next round at the earliest. I guess they're hoping that he might be available off the bench by game 3 if necessary.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I hope so, but the last I heard is that it would realistically be the next round at the earliest. I guess they're hoping that he might be available off the bench by game 3 if necessary.

If I had to guess, he's probably progressed enough that he's at least available off the bench all series, if not starting.

Having said that, it's not like they really had many other options for the roster other than adding another pitcher, so I suppose it's possible they're just hoping for the best.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I really hope it was Ryu who requested an extra day. Otherwise, I’d be concerned going forward. Every team from what I can tell is starting their #1 game 1. To start your #3 is asinine. This kind of horrid decision making will cost us a series when we are actually supposed somewhere down the line.
Shoemakers splits are favorable, no?
Followed by Ray sounds like a smart combination that could force some interesting decisions for TB.
This is gonna be fun.

Reactions: The Cobra

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
Interesting that JT Realmuto and the Phillies missed the playoffs, while the Marlins and the players they acquired for JT (sanchez and Alfaro) made the playoffs. Talk about a failed trade lol

oh and btw - realmuto is now a free agent

Last edited:

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Interesting that JT Realmuto and the Phillies missed the playoffs, while the Marlins and the players they acquired for JT (sanchez and Alfaro) made the playoffs. Talk about a failed trade lol

Same goes for the Jays and the Mets re: Stroman trade. Jays get rid of Stroman and get SWR and Kay. Mets missed the playoffs both years, Stroman doesnt pitch this season, Jays make the playoffs, and have Kay and SWR to show for it.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Same goes for the Jays and the Mets re: Stroman trade. Jays get rid of Stroman and get SWR and Kay. Mets missed the playoffs both years, Stroman doesnt pitch this season, Jays make the playoffs, and have Kay and SWR to show for it.

Yea, that trade worked out really well so far for us even if not all particularly liked it at the time.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Realmuto has been the best catcher in the NL the past two years and two of the 3 assets they gave up aren't really worth anything. It's basically two years of elite play from Realmuto for Sanchez, which isn't that bad even if the team disappointed.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Joe Biagini was DFA’d by the Astros today

fWAR:
Fisher: -0.5

Sanchez: -0.2
Biagini: -0.6

bWAR:
Fisher: -0.7

Sanchez: 0.1
Biagini: -0.8

Astros also received Cal Stevenson in this trade. Houston used him and another prospect to acquire Austin Pruitt from the Rays. Pruitt missed the entire 2020 season and will miss part of 2021 due to a fracture in his throwing elbow.

Talk about a trade where both teams lost. Though I still hold out hope for Fisher.

Reactions: Morgs

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
The good thing is other than flipping the 3rd and 6th guy it's pretty good?...

I think he has all the right names at least.

I think they are trying to give the order more balance....no matter what inning it is, there should be at least 2 solid batters due up. That's a strategy...I guess. Let's see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad