Buffalo Bills It's the Off-Season. Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

The Mitchell slander coming out simultaneous to Vegas having him with the same over/under as BTJ is... interesting to say the least.

Decisive win for Fautanu, who comes off the board with 60% of the vote. Going to start adding most folks who get votes, since we're approaching the end game. Guyotn, Morgan, and Kneeland all added.

New poll: 2024 HF Bills Big Board 22

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State (88%)
2. Malik Nabers, WR, LSU (83%)
3. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington (100%)
4. Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame (38%)
4. Dallas Turner, DE, Alabama (38%)
6. Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State (40%)
6. Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA (40%)
8. Brian Thomas Junior, WR, LSU (40%)
9. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon (40%)
9. Jared Verse, DE, Florida State (40%)
11. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia (50%)
12. Cooper Dejean, DB, Iowa (50%)
13. Byron Murphy, DT, Texas (40%)
14. Taliese Fuaga, OL, Oregon (25%)
14. JC Latham, OT, Alabama (25%)
14. Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama (25%)
14. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo (25%)
18. Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas (75%)
19. Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois (40%)
20. Ladd McConkey, WR Georgia (50%)
21. Troy Fautanu, OL, Washington (60%)

Reminder to vote! I'm going Barton here. It was a close call between him and Chop for me, but I think Barton is the much safer player, even if he is probably at a less valuable position. Add Frazier, I'd like all of the big 3 Cs to make our board.

Here's an updated list of possible adds:
  • Nate Wiggins (CB, Clemson)
  • Kool-Aid McKinstry (CB, Alabama)
  • Zach Frazier (C, West Virginia)
  • Kris Jenkins (DT, Michigan)
  • Keon Coleman (WR, Florida State)
  • Cooper Beebe (G, Kansas State)
  • Jaden Hicks (S, Washington State)
  • Kingsley Saumataia (OT, BYU)

New poll will be up later today.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
It is an overpay only if you don't devalue the future picks by one round. If you do that, Houston gave up only slightly more than the value of the pick.
It's an older way to look at the value, by devaluing a future pick by a round. I haven't seen a better way yet but also haven't looked hard.
The Mitchell slander coming out simultaneous to Vegas having him with the same over/under as BTJ is... interesting to say the least.
Slander is part of lying season.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

I would hate giving up that much to go up 11 picks to get BTJ.

I like the class in general, especially Bishop, Baker, and Vidal.

I get it. But, giving up a couple of picks this year is fine....there's no way we can keep all of our current picks on our roster......and we've got a spare 2nd next year to use.

If the Bills like BTJ more than a guy like Mitchell or whoever......I trust Beane.

But that's an awesome mock for us. I love the double-dip at WR (especially who we got).....love the future C in Limmer too. I'd love it if that's the way it went.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Projected trade: Bills trade picks Nos. 28, 133, 144 and a 2025 second-rounder to the Jaguars for No. 17

Value evaluation

Pick 17: 950

Bills trade package is worth:
28: 660
133: 39.5
144: 34
2025 2nd, with a mid-third round value: 190. With a mid 2nd round value: 420

My way: 923.5
@Jim Bob way: 1,154.5

Personally, if Beane is going to do this, I'd just trade 28 and 60 (960 value), allow yourself trade up room from the 4th round, and keep the 2025 picks. Or see if they would take the Athletic trade with a 2025 3rd instead of the 2nd.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Projected trade: Bills trade picks Nos. 28, 133, 144 and a 2025 second-rounder to the Jaguars for No. 17

Value evaluation

Pick 17: 950

Bills trade package is worth:
28: 660
133: 39.5
144: 34
2025 2nd, with a mid-third round value: 190. With a mid 2nd round value: 420

My way: 923.5
@Jim Bob way: 1,154.5

Personally, if Beane is going to do this, I'd just trade 28 and 60 (960 value), allow yourself trade up room from the 4th round, and keep the 2025 picks. Or see if they would take the Athletic trade with a 2025 3rd instead of the 2nd.

I'd much much much much rather keep 60 this year and deal one of the 2025 2nd rounders. We can get a legit starter at 60.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I'd much much much much rather keep 60 this year and deal one of the 2025 2nd rounders. We can get a legit starter at 60.
Sure, that's true.

I'd rather see Beane get 2 first rounders next season. Minnesota is going to suck, so Beane could make an easy trade up and grab two 1st next season.

I know it's a crazy early projection, but imagine Beane uses the 1st and their own 2nd to get Mason Graham, DT from Michigan, and then the Vikings 2nd and 3rd to get Jack Sawyer, DE from Ohio State. Literally rebuilds the DL with two high end talents. I easy take that type of draft over what I could draft at 60.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Friends, if you'd be so inclined, and can forgive the self-promotion, I'd love if you would consider following me on my new medium page. I plan on writing about a lot, including tv and books, but notably for y'all, the Bills (and maybe if I'm in a bad mood the Sabres). I don't have any sports content up yet, but hope to do one or two on the magic of the draft in the next month. Maybe I'll even do a post on our big board project when it's done. Here's the link to my intro post. Appreciate any follows, likes, or comments I can get. Thanks!

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
If we're talking about a potential move up scenario... I'm much more interested in moving up from #60 than i am from #28.

Imagine that a can't miss player falls to #28 (most realistically for me this would be DeJean). If I'm Beane I'd run up to make that pick & then figure out how i could get up from #60 to grab my choice of that B tier of WRs.

Coming away from this draft with an impact player on D like DeJean AND the WR i wanted (who might be a reach at #28) would be just about as big of a win as possible.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If Worthy isn't going to fit into the 1st, I'd make a small trade down and take him. I'd rather have Worthy than trade up for Thomas or Mitchell. I think his speed is an elite trait which could do what Brady and Allen need.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
If Worthy isn't going to fit into the 1st, I'd make a small trade down and take him. I'd rather have Worthy than trade up for Thomas or Mitchell. I think his speed is an elite trait which could do what Brady and Allen need.
There are so many cases where guys whose only major trait is speed, they end up busting. He's going to be over drafted IMO. Hope it isn't us...

But going back to the scenario i posted immediately above - if Worthy was one of the guys slated to go early / mid R2 AND there was a can't miss player available at #28 - would it not make sense to take your guy at #28 then move up from #60 to #40ish to take your WR?

I'm going to study the value chart & play with the draft simulator...

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
There are so many cases where guys whose only major trait is speed, they end up busting. He's going to be over drafted IMO. Hope it isn't us...

But going back to the scenario i posted immediately above - if Worthy was one of the guys slated to go early / mid R2 AND there was a can't miss player available at #28 - would it not make sense to take your guy at #28 then move up from #60 to #40ish to take your WR?

I actually wonder if he doesn't. I feel like a lot of those guys fall further than folks expect, like Hyatt.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

With 100% of the vote, Barton gets the win. Kool-Aid and Frazier added.

New poll: 2024 HF Bills Big Board 23

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State (88%)
2. Malik Nabers, WR, LSU (83%)
3. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington (100%)
4. Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame (38%)
4. Dallas Turner, DE, Alabama (38%)
6. Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State (40%)
6. Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA (40%)
8. Brian Thomas Junior, WR, LSU (40%)
9. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon (40%)
9. Jared Verse, DE, Florida State (40%)
11. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia (50%)
12. Cooper Dejean, DB, Iowa (50%)
13. Byron Murphy, DT, Texas (40%)
14. Taliese Fuaga, OL, Oregon (25%)
14. JC Latham, OT, Alabama (25%)
14. Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama (25%)
14. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo (25%)
18. Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas (75%)
19. Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois (40%)
20. Ladd McConkey, WR Georgia (50%)
21. Troy Fautanu, OL, Washington (60%)
22. Graham Barton, OL, Duke (100%)

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I actually wonder if he doesn't. I feel like a lot of those guys fall further than folks expect, like Hyatt.
From a profile perspective, BJT (obvs he's better) is a better comp to Hyatt than Worthy. Worthy worked in breaking and out breaking routes a bunch in college, unlike Hyatt, who ran like 40% 9 routes or something. I'll have to dig up the RP profile on Hyatt but it was bleak. Worthy is going in the 1st. Only knock on him at this point is weight. But he plays way tougher than you'd expect at his size.

BTW, I'm officially off the AD Mitchell train. He's now on my do not draft list.

New WR rankings (for the Bills)

1st rounders

1. MHJ
2. RO
3. Malik Nabers
4. BJT
5. Worthy
6. McConkey
7. Legette
8. Pearsall
9. Franklin
-----------------------
2nd rounders
10. Polk
11. Walker
12. Baker
13. Washington
14. Wilson
-----------------------

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

I'm working mocks now to try to get a feel for his range.
That's who I was thinking about.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
From a profile perspective, BJT (obvs he's better) is a better comp to Hyatt than Worthy. Worthy worked in breaking and out breaking routes a bunch in college, unlike Hyatt, who ran like 40% 9 routes or something. I'll have to dig up the RP profile on Hyatt but it was bleak. Worthy is going in the 1st. Only knock on him at this point is weight. But he plays way tougher than you'd expect at his size.

BTW, I'm officially off the AD Mitchell train. He's now on my do not draft list.

New WR rankings (for the Bills)

1st rounders

1. MHJ
2. RO
3. Malik Nabers
4. BJT
5. Worthy
6. McConkey
7. Legette
8. Pearsall
9. Franklin
-----------------------
2nd rounders
10. Polk
11. Walker
12. Baker
13. Washington
14. Wilson
-----------------------
I'd be eager to compare their various reception perceptions if you do find them. Out on Mitchell ebcause of the angry Diabetes stuff?

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I'd be eager to compare their various reception perceptions if you do find them. Out on Mitchell ebcause of the angry Diabetes stuff?
Yeah. A diabetic that's lazy with meds isn't long for the league. Diabetes in the fam. Only people totally on top of that shit fare well.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad