GDT: It's the Late Late Show with your host, the New Jersey Devils!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Tootoo had 9 points in 14 games and 10 in 20...but that doesn't prove he has skill either.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One of their posters called him Ruben Kinkaid a la the Partridge family, I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't you posting cause you would come up with goalie names like that lol

And to be fair about the bad ice thing it was more the reporter asking the question about bad ice and how they should adjust and he said fix the ice.

Haha I saw that.

I do post there most GDT's, but not in last night's. I just stuck to this forum.

They weren't very happy losing to us, which is understandable. Forgetting I'm a Devils fan for a second, this was a pretty crappy loss for them. Almost like the Anders Nilsson shutout if I have to compare it to a game from the cup finals season.

But at least Kinkaid had another shutout and a frickin start before this, unlike Anders Nilsson who was making his first ever NHL start that afternoon.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nah, I call ********.

It's March in the Bay Area in a NHL-only barn. The ice certainly was no worse than in Newark.

I wonder what Pete must think having to play all those games in Staples Center where there's 82 NBA games a season.
Their AHL team did move into the building this year, so they do play quite a few times at night, while the AHL team played a matinee in the afternoon. That wasn't the case last night though.
So are the playoffs out of the question now? Or do we fake optimism? The team would need a record of 10-4 down the stretch.

10 wins only gets us to 91 points, lose all 4 in OT and that's another 4 points.

We've went on a better late season runs before, but with a much better team in 05-06.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I loved reading Kevin Kurz's blog on the Sharks perspective. I read it and Curtis Pashelka of the Mercury News after every Sharks game What a roach Kurz is.

Made sure to say in his blog that we haven't been exciting since we wore green pants. Because yes, the pre 92 teams were VERY exciting Devils teams?:laugh:

He used to be the Flyers PR guy, so he already has a bias against the Devils. I wonder if he was even born yet the last time his Flyers won a cup?

And sorry Jim, I don't understand the DSP comparison's to Tootoo.

DSP has been lucky to get all these goals in such a short time, I think ANY player would be, no matter who they are. But there is no way in hell he isn't better than Matteau. Even in their respective careers he's been better so far. Including in the AHL.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Their ABL team did move into the building this year, so they do play quite a few times at night, while the AHL team played a matinee in the afternoon. That wasn't the case last night though.

10 wins only gets us to 91 points, lose all 4 in OT and that's another 4 points.

We've went on a better late season runs before, but with a much better team in 05-06.

Ya we would have to pull some insane magic out of the hat at this point to climb back into the race. And against really tough teams.

I mean anything is possible, but the odds have to be below 5% at BEST.

It is fine though. There are a lot of pluses on this team right now to take away. We added or found quite a few pieces to the overall puzzle. Zajac has refound his game a bit, KPalm is a huge addition, I think we can safely say Boosh and Blender can add a lot to this team.

We are on the right track long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad