GDT: It's the Late Late Show with your host, the New Jersey Devils!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This was about as 2013 Devils as you can get for the Sharks.

Outshoot the opponent 31-15, lose 3-0 and get shutout by a goaltender that nobody's ever heard of before.

One of their posters called him Ruben Kinkaid a la the Partridge family, I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't you posting cause you would come up with goalie names like that lol

And to be fair about the bad ice thing it was more the reporter asking the question about bad ice and how they should adjust and he said fix the ice.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Larsson and Greene a +3 last night.

The Zajac haters will be awfully quiet for a whole day

pHmpbwB.gif

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I suggest Shero requests the NHL to have the Devils play all teams above 500% next season. I have to be honest, I didn't expect this team to win 3 to 4 games for the remainder of the season. I definitely didn't expect a win in the Shark Tank.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Really glad for Kinkaid, he can play extremely well at times but just needs to find consistency. Hopefully this last stretch where he'll be our starter will help him there. And how bout that DSP guy, nice for him to be adjusting as well as he has.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Nah, I call ********.

It's March in the Bay Area in a NHL-only barn. The ice certainly was no worse than in Newark.

I wonder what Pete must think having to play all those games in Staples Center where there's 82 NBA games a season.

Has the ice been bad in Newark? I haven't heard complaints about it since the Nets left.. At the very least, we have the best ice in the tri-state area lol

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
So are the playoffs out of the question now? Or do we fake optimism? The team would need a record of 10-4 down the stretch.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
So are the playoffs out of the question now? Or do we fake optimism? The team would need a record of 10-4 down the stretch.

This team doesn't have the game-breaking players that can singlehandedly win games. In order for us to win the entire team needs to be on top of their games and playing a solid, structured game like last night.

For that reason, I don't think we would be able to go on a good enough run to make the playoffs. I find it highly doubtful this team can play the way it did last night in 90% of the games down the stretch. Hell, even last night we were outplayed and outshot for the most part.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

- We're without our leading scorer
- We're without our elite goaltender
- We have to play Columbus 2 more times

Last night was fun. Just enjoy it and any remaining wins

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

More like 11-2-1 or 12-2 going by current point projections of the two wild cards. With a very tough schedule. Even if Kinkaid pulls a hamburglar they still need to somehow score more goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad