GDT: It's the Late, Late Show with your host, the New Jersey Devils! ft. LA Kings 10:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
So in watching the DVR of last nights game Quick looses his big ass balance gets touched after loosing his balance and the entire team gets on him. We get a penalty for what. Is this what you meant by a big rough and tough team Steve. Cowards.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
And Steve had to mention. 2012. And the penality that led to the three goals. Yeah it bugs us but you need to let it go *******. Shero get us Doc back you become an instant God to most Devils fans.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They'd practically have to sweep every game through the Columbus home and home before I'll take this 'push' seriously again. It'll basically take that to get back in the race.

This team is just so impossible to figure out. Look pathetic and hopeless three straight games at home then win two in a row on the road against the West goliaths.

I need to see at least 3 out of 4 to finish the road trip and ya sweep of Columbus. Then I'll get back on board.

Group Chat Legend*

I need to see at least 3 out of 4 to finish the road trip and ya sweep of Columbus. Then I'll get back on board.

They would have to go 13-0 to even have a chance.

That would leave us at 99 points.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They would have to go 13-0 to even have a chance.

That would leave us at 99 points.

I think the cutoff line will be slightly lower than that, key word being slightly. The wild cards are on pace for around 95 points right now, so we'd have to go 11-2 to match that, 11-1-1 to get to 96.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think the cutoff line will be slightly lower than that, key word being slightly. The wild cards are on pace for around 95 points right now, so we'd have to go 11-2 to match that, 11-1-1 to get to 96.

Ya that will be the cutoff (maybe...Pitt losing Malkin and I expect a cool off from the Canes and Flyers so it could sink a few points) but it would still take an incredibly improbable run. Crazy Hamburgerlar ****.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ya that will be the cutoff (maybe...Pitt losing Malkin and I expect a cool off from the Canes and Flyers so it could sink a few points) but it would still take an incredibly improbable run. Crazy Hamburgerlar ****.

I would have thought that before the Pens beat the Rangers today but they might still win enough to be annoying now. They only have to go 7-6-1 to get to 95 points.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would have thought that before the Pens beat the Rangers today but they might still win enough to be annoying now. They only have to go 7-6-1 to get to 95 points.

Ehhh they are still going to lose a few more then they would of over the last few, but ya at best it means the cutoff is 94, 93 at the absolute lowest.

Either way we pretty much have to sweep this week and both Columbus games to make it seem possible, and the Pitt game following those two to make it some what realistic.

So beat the hot as hell Ducks, Wild at home in the green jerseys, Columbus twice in a row and then Pitt.

Group Chat Legend*

So basically 13-0.

If they were to go undefeated for the rest of the season, do you even put in Schneider come playoffs?

Kinkaid would gain major value.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I watched at a friends house last night but man what a win that was. Kinkaid was superb yet again and the team as a whole played sound defensively. Larsson had a great game as per usual.

Group Chat Legend*

Is that a serious question? Of course you put Cory back in

Its a very serious question - and I disagree with you.

if Kinkaid were to seriously bring this team to a 13-0 contention for the playoffs, you play him to start the playoffs if we make it.

In fact I think its absurd to switch him out unless he began to perform poorly in the first round.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's basically the Hammond-Anderson conundrum, they did play Hammond till he had a bad game then they put Anderson back in I believe. That's probably what would happen, ride out the hot streak first then Cory the rest of the way.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hard to beat Cbj as long as Torts is their coach.

He is undefeated vs us since he left the Rags.

No he's not.

We beat them in the first game against them in the 2013 lockout season. That was our first game against them since the playoff series.

Torts isn't even really an NHL head coach anymore, and we've been having trouble with Columbus since long before Torts got there.

We did win some games, but I think we've only beaten them 3 times in the last 3 years and we play them 4-5 times a year.

One of those wins was a Cory 33 save shutout, in which we won 1-0 (maybe 2-0 with an empty net) and only scored one goal on Backuphaney. Believe me DD, I'm superstitious about a few things too. Like Cory being stuck on 26 wins the last two seasons and it being a curse like Marty getting stuck on 666 wins that year. But I don't think we lose to the CBJ because of Torts, any more than we lose to them because it's a poor matchup for us. We also happen to pick quite a few games against them to take a night off.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Seems more like Clemmensen and Marty.

Marty came back well before the playoffs though. Cory'd probably be skirting the deadline to be back before the playoffs start like Anderson last year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Its a very serious question - and I disagree with you.

if Kinkaid were to seriously bring this team to a 13-0 contention for the playoffs, you play him to start the playoffs if we make it.

In fact I think its absurd to switch him out unless he began to perform poorly in the first round.

PUMP. THE. BRAKES.

The guy has had 2 great games in a row now, did you forget the Pittsburgh and Nashville games before that?

Let's talk about this again if he wins 5 or 6 games in a row and actually plays well in them, like he has the last 2 games. Not to take anything away from Kinkaid, but it's way too early and with all due respect absurd to be talking about this and taking it seriously. Go back to December 2014 when Kinkaid was better than Cory for a week and some of the really out there comments about him being starter. Or the second game of this season, before Kinkaid wound up being lit up and allowing 4 goals.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's basically the Hammond-Anderson conundrum, they did play Hammond till he had a bad game then they put Anderson back in I believe. That's probably what would happen, ride out the hot streak first then Cory the rest of the way.

From what I remember, they started Hammond the first two games of the playoffs. Then they went back to Anderson for game 3, because Hammond started looking like the Hamburger Helper man. Not to mention that his hot streak was over and he really isn't very good.

Then Anderson came in and they wound up winning two games mostly because of Anderson and he played pretty well in the 2 games they lost with him.

I believe Anderson was healthy down the stretch in the regular season, but Hammond was very hot and they kept him in. Even though the entire stretch was a fluke, Hammond only lost one game in regulation and 2 in OT out of 23 games started. Our offense would have to be much better to sustain that kind of winning percentage, even if Kinkaid sustains a .940 save percentage for the remainder of the season.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Is that a serious question? Of course you put Cory back in

No. You play the hot hand. In the long run, Cory will still be better than Keith. If Keith has a lousy game in the playoffs, then Cory goes back in.

Then again, this is not a playoff team

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I can't believe there is actually a discussion going on right now about what to do when Kinkaid plays amazing and gets us into the playoffs. :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know it's just one game but

Aside from Helgeson and Warsofsky not being able to get off the ice for almost 4 minutes, I didn't notice us getting abused much in the defensive zone. There was a scary final two regulation minutes too. Warsofsky was pinned in a lot.

But a team like LAK pins opponents in all night sometimes.

And guess who wasn't in the lineup?

We seriously should NEVER play both Ruutu and Tootoo in the same game again. I understand we need one of them, but there's no need to play both for the same game. It's like dressing both Boulton and Janssen. I'm leaning towards Tootoo definitely being the bigger liability out of the two.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No. You play the hot hand. In the long run, Cory will still be better than Keith. If Keith has a lousy game in the playoffs, then Cory goes back in.

Then again, this is not a playoff team

Neither are the Canes, Flyers and one of them might make it. Bottom of the East is weak this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad