GDT: It's the Late, Late Show with your host, the New Jersey Devils! ft. LA Kings 10:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

New-Jersey-Devils--14173.jpg

Tonight's Guests:

78572108f861cebe251fe0fe04f456f65baa2f5e.png

Voila_Capture934.jpg

I can't emphasize my hatred for Jeff Carter enough.

2q8zx8o.jpg

Anyway, despite icing a lineup that doesn't bear repeating, we shutout good old Petey and Zubrusaurus 3-0!

tumblr_inline_n46314sgIK1qelsh7.gif

Now, we've just got to take on the the dirtbags from 2012, who are leading the Pacific Division and have won 7 of their last 10.

whatcouldpossiblygowrong.gif

Never fear, Kinky is here coming off his 2nd career shutout. And who was his first one against? The Kings, of course!

tumblr_lu2t8bHk9A1ql0oj7.gif

So get out there and kick some ass!

dancing-6.gif

LET'S GO DEVILS!

Group Chat Legend*

LA coach looks like TsimFukis

Google him for comparison...

RIP Tsim

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I don't like how Hynes is yo-yoing Severson.

Is he out of the lineup? I'm losing track because I lost motivation to watch the Devils suck for most of the last few games and then the one against San Jose was on so late I couldn't justify watching it when I had to commute the next day. Still remains to be seen whether I can justify watching tonight and messing up my sleep cycle for the work week.

Anyhow, yeah, I've not been a fan of Hynes' treatment of Severson, but I've probably elaborated on that about a million times, so I'll spare the forum the tirade and just say that I agree with you.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Hurt banged up. Whatever this is crunch time get the hell out there and play.

This isn't crunch time for this team. Playoff hopes have long since left the station with the Devils not only not on board but nowhere near the station. If Severson really is injured, let him recover. If he's in the dog house so Waiver Wire can play, that's not even a surprise anymore. Severson is totally this coaching staff's whipping boy.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Assuming it's Kinky and not Yann tonight?

I think it's a safe bet.

I think Keith would have to get shelled a bunch for Danis to get the start. Meaning like a bunch of games in a row.

I went to look up Yann Danis on hockey reference, because I figured he hasn't played a game in the NHL since he played for us in 09-10. Oddly enough, he did play 4 games for Edmonton between 11-12 and 12-13. But he didn't start any of them. 142 minutes all in relief. He did happen to get a win in one of those games in 12-13. Last NHL game played was on March 10th 2013 and last start was March 18th 2010. That was the game in which everyone remembers for how bad he looked in the shootout.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The question is:

Is this game worth staying up for or does one go to bed early to make up for daylight savings time?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Kinkaid definitely has the physical skills to be a good goalie in this league, I'm not quite sure his mental game will ever get there. He seems to be an emotional guy that gets rattled easily. How much of that is due to inexperience is anyone's guess, I'm sure he'll grow and get better.

I can't imagine the position he's put in, having to step in and hold the fort for an all-world goalie while we're still technically "in the hunt".

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
This isn't crunch time for this team. Playoff hopes have long since left the station with the Devils not only not on board but nowhere near the station. If Severson really is injured, let him recover. If he's in the dog house so Waiver Wire can play, that's not even a surprise anymore. Severson is totally this coaching staff's whipping boy.

We aren't that far back so you call it a season if you want I choose to wait until we are out. This team over the years has taken forever for players to get back and been sat out when a bit banged up. As soon as there is any chemistry it gets screwed up by moves. If he is a wiping boy there must be a reason. This is not PD we are talking about.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He's so hurt that he stayed on for extra skating? He's just in the dog house, and Hegelson and Waiverovsky are ahead of him. Ugh.

He could have a hand/arm whatever injury that doesn't interfere with skating. Not that they ever say anything about any injury so who knows.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not sure this is worth staying up for. I missed the San Jose game where we won, and I'm less optimistic here.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
We aren't that far back so you call it a season if you want I choose to wait until we are out. This team over the years has taken forever for players to get back and been sat out when a bit banged up. As soon as there is any chemistry it gets screwed up by moves. If he is a wiping boy there must be a reason. This is not PD we are talking about.

If you believe that this team with Cammy and Cory injured and Stempniak traded is going to make the playoffs, fine, but you can hardly judge an injured player (if that is what Severson is) for not rushing back and potentially risking more injury because this is "crunch time" when realistically it isn't for this team. If this team was serious about making the playoffs, Stempniak wouldn't have been traded. Shero saw which way the team was blowing before deadline and shipped out Stempniak, basically signaling that this was another lost season for this franchise.

And if he's not injured but healthy scratched, it's not his choice and you apparently agree with Hynes' judgement in that regard, so I have no idea what you are complaining about. I doubt Severson or other players are inventing injuries not to play. People get hurt playing hockey and are going to miss time. Teams are expected to deal with that.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
The question is:

Is this game worth staying up for or does one go to bed early to make up for daylight savings time?

Not sure this is worth staying up for. I missed the San Jose game where we won, and I'm less optimistic here.

I don't think I'm bothering. Can't mess up my sleep cycle for the work week.

Game is replayed at tomorrow at 9am. I'm going to avoid scores tonight before bed and watch it in the morning. Daylight savings makes it an easy decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad