OT - NO POLITICS It's Summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I have 3 levels and have air conditioning on my middle level only. It is a ductless unit and is great. When I win the lottery I will put one in my bedroom too.

So I am sleeping on the couch. Partly because of the new hip also.

I hate the hot and humid weather.
I said it before and I'll say it again

July sucks....please FF to Sept

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
My unit was 32 years old and I decided to replace it this year. Checked out a few different vendors, and finally got installation scheduled for last week. 4 days before installation, my old unit crapped out, so we had 4 days of windows open and box fans, but we managed.

The technology on these new units are amazing. The 5 ton Inverter we had installed is about the size of a large rolling suitcase. Wasn't cheap, but damn its nice and way more energy efficient than the old 1 stage I originally had.
Great move. We did something similar although on a smaller scale. Each of my girls ended up getting a 2001 Honda Civic, and the color of each was tan. They each drove one until it wasn't worth repairing any longer, and they were great cars to start with.

(I quoted the wrong post . . . .)

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
My unit was 32 years old and I decided to replace it this year. Checked out a few different vendors, and finally got installation scheduled for last week. 4 days before installation, my old unit crapped out, so we had 4 days of windows open and box fans, but we managed.

The technology on these new units are amazing. The 5 ton Inverter we had installed is about the size of a large rolling suitcase. Wasn't cheap, but damn its nice and way more energy efficient than the old 1 stage I originally had.
We came home from Boston last May to find that the newer (8 yrs old) of our A/C units had crapped out. It had lost all of its refrigerant, and just to fill it to troubleshoot would be about 2 grand. So we decided to replace them both (the older one was 20 years old, and had been repaired once by us). We got 2-stage 5 ton condensers for both. They work great, and are more efficient, which is nice in this neck of the woods. We have solar too, and looks like we'll finally have an electric bill with the upcoming billing cycle.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A Boston woman liked the design of Boston subway seat cushions so much that she made a dress with the same design.

1688607461271.png

• Haha
Reactions: GahdenRinkRat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad