Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I drove 45 minutes to Maine - not for lobster but for Meatloaf
☺️

View attachment 725870
Oh wow! This diner is only 9 minutes away from my brother's cottage!!! I knew it looked familiar.

Sidenote: If anyone is interested in having a relaxing day in Wells, Maine. He has his cottage up on Vrbo, Airbnb, and Booking .com

Reactions: BMC

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Oh wow! This diner is only 9 minutes away from my brother's cottage!!! I knew it looked familiar.

Sidenote: If anyone is interested in having a relaxing day in Wells, Maine. He has his cottage up on Vrbo, Airbnb, and Booking .com
Highly recommend the blueberry muffin mix from the little store. Mindblowing...

Maine is the only other place I'd live other than the southwest. Will keep the B&B in mind if visiting :)

• Love
Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Highly recommend the blueberry muffin mix from the little store. Mindblowing...

Maine is the only other place I'd live other than the southwest. Will keep the B&B in mind if visiting :)

I will PM you the listing so you have an option! :)

Edit: I realized I cannot PM you. PM me and I'll share!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kovi

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It is too hot and humid. I am not meant for this weather at all, thank goodness for AC. Last summer we had to get a new unit, those two days without it were awful. The new unit is so much more efficient - very noticeable savings on our hydro bill. Now I can keep it lower for less money!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I am geeking out. I get to go to the National Weather Center in 2 weeks. As a weather nerd who wanted to be a meteorologist when she was little, this is a dream.

The tour takes us to the observation deck, the meteorology school, severe storm lab and the Nat’l Weather Service offices.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It is too hot and humid. I am not meant for this weather at all, thank goodness for AC. Last summer we had to get a new unit, those two days without it were awful. The new unit is so much more efficient - very noticeable savings on our hydro bill. Now I can keep it lower for less money!
My ac stopped working yesterday. Brutal at night. Just fixed it this morning. Had to use my buddies name to get the part. They won’t sell it to normal consumers. Scam. Amazon was a 3-4 day wait. Installed and cooling down the house.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
As I often say, there is nothing like putting your kid in a machine made out of metal and glass that runs on flammable liquid. :D
When my kids first started driving, I bought an old Ford F-150 Crew cab for $4,000, that had 140,000 miles on it. It was big, slow, safe and I didn't care if they dinged it up. Had 4WD for the winter and a lot of steel around them. They weren't wild about it at first, but they figured it out and learned to love it. Lasted me for 6 years and 3 kids, with nothing more than a few additional scratches and dings. I did have to replace the transmission however, but that's the risk you take...

Perfect starter vehicle. Also came in handy for those college moving days...

Last edited:

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
My ac stopped working yesterday. Brutal at night. Just fixed it this morning. Had to use my buddies name to get the part. They won’t sell it to normal consumers. Scam. Amazon was a 3-4 day wait. Installed and cooling down the house.
My unit was 32 years old and I decided to replace it this year. Checked out a few different vendors, and finally got installation scheduled for last week. 4 days before installation, my old unit crapped out, so we had 4 days of windows open and box fans, but we managed.

The technology on these new units are amazing. The 5 ton Inverter we had installed is about the size of a large rolling suitcase. Wasn't cheap, but damn its nice and way more energy efficient than the old 1 stage I originally had.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
My unit was 32 years old and I decided to replace it this year. Checked out a few different vendors, and finally got installation scheduled for last week. 4 days before installation, my old unit crapped out, so we had 4 days of windows open and box fans, but we managed.

The technology on these new units are amazing. The 5 ton Inverter we had installed is about the size of a large rolling suitcase. Wasn't cheap, but damn its nice and way more energy efficient than the old 1 stage I originally had.
Mine crapped out a year after I bought my house. That wasn’t fun. I bought an extra effigy unit. Huge compared to the old one. This one lost the starting capacitor. Very common. $20-$30 part. But if you call them out….eeeek.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have 3 levels and have air conditioning on my middle level only. It is a ductless unit and is great. When I win the lottery I will put one in my bedroom too.

So I am sleeping on the couch. Partly because of the new hip also.

I hate the hot and humid weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad