Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Addressed to Kabukiman, per trip to Denver:

Wife and I are headed to Denver sans kids in late July. Besides Red Rocks, what does anyone recommend on seeing / doing while we are there (5 days)?

Go to Argonaut Wine & Liquor on tres sketchy Colfax Avenue, a few blocks from Cap(itol) Hill. Tell them Boston Mark sent you. Good selection; largest in town.

Then, go outside to the parking lot and watch the show. You can watch the managers chase down shoplifters, call the cops for a number of reasons, and witness strangers in various states of undress. I don't know if it's apocryphal, but Chris, one of the managers and the coolest guy around, swears that a woman came in one day and bought plenty of hooch. Wearing high heels and, evidently, nothing else.

Good times.

Also, I don't, but if you like weed, there are about 70 "dispensaries" on Colfax in either direction.

If you enjoy the outdoors and hiking (that let's me out), definitely plan to visit the mountains.

And -- seriously -- please have bottled water handy at all times. Also a cap/hat. Especially if you're on foot.

Yes, "it's a dry heat," but as one of my co-workers affirmed, summer in Denver "Is like living on the surface of the sun."

You have been warned, and I want an after incident report.

Enjoy!

:cool::wedgie:

Reactions: MrKabukiman

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
From 1992 - I was on the floor laughing

I loved the intro. When I saw it live, my first thought was, "The B's are playing the Nordiques tomorrow." Then I realized it was the start of the skit. Well done . . .

The skit was great but I hated the accents. But the line, "there's a wicked fat kid at the one in Concord" always got me.

Any time I get asked where the nearest Dunks is, I pull out that line ("There's a wicked fat kid at the one at the end of Wolly beach"). My kids asked me about it but I could never find the skit. Now I can finally show them.

Reactions: Fenway

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Sure is summer. Melrose Farmers Market season starts tomorrow! A few friends and I have a standing date on Thursdays to get away from our desks and meet at the Market for an hour.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
And babe, don't you know it's a pity
The days can't be like the nights
In the summer, in the city
In the summer, in the city

• Love
Reactions: BMC and ProdigalFan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Some nights I still sit thinking about how amazing it was to meet @Ladyfan and her sister. The outcome of the game pales in comparison to how awesome that was. The internet is rad. Except for @EverettMike
It was nice to meet you too although I wanted a Bs win.

I met @EverettMike years ago. He is a sweetheart.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Some nights I still sit thinking about how amazing it was to meet @Ladyfan and her sister. The outcome of the game pales in comparison to how awesome that was. The internet is rad. Except for @EverettMike

@Ladyfan she is hands down one of the nicest humans ever. Meeting her felt so natural. My niece is now 15, but she was 11 when we met her and helped us get her a puck.

To this day, she talks about "that nice lady Susan from that forum you go on".

You make an impact on people. It's really awesome.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I've never met anyone from here, but I went to Isles/Bruins game 2 back a couple years ago and met one of my online buddies there who happened to buy tickets to the same game and was 3 rows in front of me. Lauzon's goof up was a disappointing end to a great game, but meeting him was awesome.

The internet can be a pretty awful place but there's plenty of friendships I've created through it that have been great and have only exceeded my love for watching the Bruins/hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad