OT - NO POLITICS IT'S SUMMERTIME!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
We are told to ignore dogs but too many cute puppies today.

Oh and when I take this lil boy to the toy store with those eyes he gets all the toys

Attachments

• 90FC83B6-83DF-45FD-8CC6-259B95EBFC09.jpeg
    90FC83B6-83DF-45FD-8CC6-259B95EBFC09.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 3
  • CAC5775E-8B20-48BC-818B-F78805EC5B65.jpeg
    CAC5775E-8B20-48BC-818B-F78805EC5B65.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DD8C98CA-33E9-4335-B535-9F10068A290D.jpeg
    DD8C98CA-33E9-4335-B535-9F10068A290D.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 8CEB998A-6632-4187-9813-341B9AB68775.jpeg
    8CEB998A-6632-4187-9813-341B9AB68775.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 2

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Dude almost had a heart attack after/at work. On my last stop. They have 8 annoying boxes. Get it done, call dispatch and tell them im done and ask if anyone needs help. Tell them I am coming back with a package thats not on my route. Drive all the way back do my after work van inspection. Dispatch comes out and I give her the package, wait a minute it has on a different address. We look and its the address from my last stop. We think I may have given the last address the wrong box. Big discussion, I say I want to fix my mistake. She says she will take the package, go RTS, come back in my car, get the package from her, exchange them and bring the other back tomorrow. Dont tell the other guys cuz It could be a write up. Between her and I. I RTS get my car and come back. She puts the package in the back. After I get my food(wednesday is free food night) I look at the package and it has the other address again. The one not on my route. Flip it over there are 2 stickers. I call her over and she looks at each side and the address and compares dates. Im fine, no mistaken on my end. However I am still new and this is the 3-4th mis-sort I have gotten it could have cost me a write up or something.

Felt likes Clerks Im not supposed to be here today cuz it was my day off

And I also counted the packages at the last stop.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Well came to vent since there are a lot of good listeners here....

Adding to the recent stress of losing my mother....There has been a family group text thread...which has had its own issues....

So a member decided to comment and lecture, and tell us all how we should react and feel about a situation that arose....I responded privately, that unsolicitated advice was not appropriate and to please stop lecturing and telling us like what our response should be.

Said family member decided I was an A hole, and decided to post everything in our private discussion in the group thread in an attempt to get people to agree with them and throw me under the bus. (Which they refused to play that game)

I responded with well thank you for violating my trust by posting an obvious confidential discussion in a group thread and that if you needed to do that to validate yourself I really don't care.

So we were never really close, and this has destroyed and trust and respect I had for them.....Violate my trust and confidentiality and I'm done

Done ranting now,,,,,,,,thanks for listening (and no things will not change so don't suggest forgive and forget)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Adding to the recent stress of losing my mother....There has been a family group text thread...which has had its own issues....

So a member decided to comment and lecture, and tell us all how we should react and feel about a situation that arose....I responded privately, that unsolicitated advice was not appropriate and to please stop lecturing and telling us like what our response should be.

Said family member decided I was an A hole, and decided to post everything in our private discussion in the group thread in an attempt to get people to agree with them and throw me under the bus. (Which they refused to play that game)

I responded with well thank you for violating my trust by posting an obvious confidential discussion in a group thread and that if you needed to do that to validate yourself I really don't care.

So we were never really close, and this has destroyed and trust and respect I had for them.....Violate my trust and confidentiality and I'm done

Done ranting now,,,,,,,,thanks for listening (and no things will not change so don't suggest forgive and forget)
Sometimes forget...write them off ...and move on. Since you were never close don't let them bring stupid drama into your life!

Good Luck!

Reactions: shelbysdad

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

I’m sorry, that’s just hard to read so i can’t even imagine being in the thick of it. All i can say is that NOBODY can ever tell you how to feel. Especially while grieving your own mother. Anyone that says “I know how you feel” or tries to minimize or question your thoughts and feelings is wrong for it.

Sure, some folks can share similar experiences, but nobody grieves the same. The heart and soul are far too complex and unique from person to person for anybody to tell YOU how to feel.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Weather just felt like New England here.

A nasty monsoon cell swept through the valley, constant lightning, sheets of rain and the temperature dropped 25 degrees in 20 minutes.

Nice reminder of watching the humidity busting summer storms back that way

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Wow hard to read. . . Take the high road and just say nice things and smile & wave.

YOUR people will see what's happening and follow you in the long run.

Reactions: TD Charlie and BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I’m sorry, that’s just hard to read so i can’t even imagine being in the thick of it. All i can say is that NOBODY can ever tell you how to feel. Especially while grieving your own mother. Anyone that says “I know how you feel” or tries to minimize or question your thoughts and feelings is wrong for it.

Sure, some folks can share similar experiences, but nobody grieves the same. The heart and soul are far too complex and unique from person to person for anybody to tell YOU how to feel.

came to say the same. Well said Chuck.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Well said Chuck.

I had a few people criticize me for going to the Winter Classic after my dad died. They knew he wanted me to go but they tried to stir the pot and it backfired spectacularly. The universe has a funny way of coming back on people.

@samsdad Hang in there. Grieve the way you see fit and keep ignoring those who refuse to allow you to do so.

It is ok to grieve the way you see fit and it is ok to not be ok.

• Love
Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Just got my apartment lease renewal offer.

They are only increasing it by $237.

Per month.

PER MONTH.

I know it's that crazy everywhere, but man, that should just be illegal.

Well I know I'm going to regret this but I'm a landlord myself. I am looking at having to raise rents on the apartments here. I don't like it but the costs to keep a building occupied have just exploded, mainly due to inflation, scarcity of materials & fuel costs. Just a few examples- I was paying $ 90 a month for one dumpster as late as February. It is now up to $125 a month & may go higher. Interest rates have also increased so I'm paying $100 a month extra on the mortgage (money that we borrowed for major renovations to the building btw) and that is going to go up again since the Federal Reserve just jacked the prime rate another .75% this week. I have to replace another electrical panel & the cost to do that went from $1000. to $ 1800.00 in just a year. God only knows how much it's going to cost to heat the place, I've estimated at a minimum it will be double the cost of last year. And do not get me started on insurance, water/sewer fees and property taxes, the costs for which only goes in one direction. Finally, no matter how carefully you budget for expenses there is always something unanticipated that can throw everything off.

I am sick to f***ing death of landlords being portrayed as evil greedy money sucking parasites making life hell for poor put upon tenants. Most of the landlords I know are responsible people who do their best to provide a decent place for their tenants to rent & take care of things when they need fixing or replacement. I could tell you horror stories about asshole tenants from my own personal experience. Too many of them think that just because they pay rent they are entitled to trash the place & generally act like assholes towards their fellow tenants among other things. Screening processes help but a lot of them know how to game the system. And oh yeah tenants bitch about first/last month's rent, damage deposits etc but if landlords didn't get f***ed over financially on a regular basis by tenants those protections wouldn't be needed.

:madfire:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad