OT - NO POLITICS IT'S SUMMERTIME!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The song was written and produced by Boston legend - Sherman Feller

Before Game 6 of the 1975 World Series, the intended anthem singer Kate Smith canceled and Sherman who was the PA announcer at Fenway, and organist John Kiley chose an unknown singer from Berklee to fill in.

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The laptop which was my birthday gift from my mom and dad got ruined by the monsoon rains of Taipei. ;-;

Had to send it back to ASUS so they can repair the damaged parts.

I felt so awful about having my laptop get wet.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The laptop which was my birthday gift from my mom and dad got ruined by the monsoon rains of Taipei. ;-;

Had to send it back to ASUS so they can repair the damaged parts.

I felt so awful about having my laptop get wet.
ASUS wound up taking over the old Gateway/e-Machines branding :help:

18 months ago NBC gave me a Lenovo laptop - never had an issue

Reactions: EvilDead

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Has anyone heard from @Alicat? Some serious flooding in Oklahoma today

Alive and kicking :) Rain the last 2 mornings has been crazy. The flooding was about 2 miles from us.

The water in the canal behind my mom’s house is pretty full but no flooding :)

Norman floods with a good rain so this wasn’t a surprise to the natives but that didn’t stop the idiots from trying to drive through 5 inches of water on the roads.

The severe weather went to the south of us thankfully but the lightning was crazy. Hail fell about a mile away from us.

Get a reprieve tonight and then tomorrow night/Friday morning we get the last round and then it’s 95 degrees and full sun for the next 7 days.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I'm currently in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Very different to anywhere else I've been in America. Interesting and well worth a visit.

IMG_20220608_092502181.jpg
IMG_20220608_134619537.jpg

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I'm currently in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Very different to anywhere else I've been in America. Interesting and well worth a visit.

View attachment 557425View attachment 557426
Love love that area, i just arrived home from a roadtrip across Nevada and Arizona.

If you have any questions about that NM area, please, i am more than willing to talk about, American south west is my greatest passion.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Thanks! I think that's often the way. There are many foreign tourists who will have seen more of Australia than I have.

One of the things the US really has going for it for travel is the variety. Every state/area is different.

I agree. When I was 16, my friend and I spent a summer going cross country on Gray Hound busses. We bought one round trip ticket to Silver City New Mexico and went down the east coast to Washington and Atlanta, then across to New Orleans, Houston and San Antonio. We went to Santa Fe and had friends in Silver City. Then we went up to Colorado Springs, and Denver, then back east through Des Moines, Chicago, Columbus and home.

Amazing trip, such different places and lifestyles.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Went out to run some errands on my lunch break and got a flat tire. Completely flat. Had to call AAA, then called 4 different tire shops before finding one that had tires that fit my car in stock, had it towed there and replaced the front two. $300 and 2 hours later I made it back to work. So that was my adventure for the day.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Love love that area, i just arrived home from a roadtrip across Nevada and Arizona.

If you have any questions about that NM area, please, i am more than willing to talk about, American south west is my greatest passion.

Thanks. We've actually today pushed north into southern Colorado. But we'll be back in the south west going to Arizona then Vegas next week. We saw a little of northern Nevada earlier in our trip too - Reno to Carson City and Lake Tahoe. Enjoyed that area - great scenery around the lake and mountains, and Virginia City still has all the trappings of an authentic wild west/frontier town. Lot of fun.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Went out to run some errands on my lunch break and got a flat tire. Completely flat. Had to call AAA, then called 4 different tire shops before finding one that had tires that fit my car in stock, had it towed there and replaced the front two. $300 and 2 hours later I made it back to work. So that was my adventure for the day.
Yikes, that stinks. Sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad