Confirmed with Link: It's over.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Remember everyone. This popped up at the start of the season.

17629682_10155639044987580_8903042997160975499_n.jpg

Wait a minute... This needs to be a part of our avatar theme.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Congratulations fans, congratulations Oilers, congratulations Chia and McLellan, congratulations Katz, **** you Lowe and MacT!!!!

Once the playoffs start, I wonder if we'll see Lowe and/or MacT crawl out of the woodwork to tell the fans how awesome all of this is, in the hopes that this plethora of good vibes will make people not want to spit on them.

At the very least, I would expect HNIC to drag them out for a between-period segment or two to get them (likely with Wayne) to bring up some old war stories from the glory days.

It will be bittersweet.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Once the playoffs start, I wonder if we'll see Lowe and/or MacT crawl out of the woodwork to tell the fans how awesome all of this is, in the hopes that this plethora of good vibes will make people not want to spit on them.

At the very least, I would expect HNIC to drag them out for a between-period segment or two to get them (likely with Wayne) to bring up some old war stories from the glory days.

It will be bittersweet.

I wouldn't mind it. As incompetent as they were, they were Oilers, and undoubtedly wanted to win in their later management roles. Which means they deserve at least as much respect as any other fan. I mean, I'm sure they still want the Oil to win. That's good enough for me, I'm happy to forget the last decade.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Lol did he actually die ? Where'd that guy go

Banned

I actually liked him. Eternally pessimistic but it was nice at times to have a detailed analysis of why everything was wrong and bad. It brought in new perspective with I did value and he was really well versed

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
Banned

I actually liked him. Eternally pessimistic but it was nice at times to have a detailed analysis of why everything was wrong and bad. It brought in new perspective with I did value and he was really well versed

Yeah I agree. His ridiculously high post count was amusing too. Wtf did he do to get banned. He's prolly posting under a different alias.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Looking back the turn around for this team really began with hiring Bob Nicholson.

It took a couple seasons and really was a process. Kudos to Nicholson. :handclap:

SwissOilersFan

Oct 29, 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
Only been an Oilers fan since moving to Edmonton in 2014, so only had to suffer through 1 really horrible season and not multiple ones like you guys.

Still feels good; and must feel absolutely ridiculous for you folks!

I remember the golden ticket moment when the air in downtown where I was living was pierced by screams of 'YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHH!' that started the turnaround!

Let's see how far we can go!

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Also the end of an era: being in the draft lottery. First year in a while we wont have any ping pong balls of destiny to pray for

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Also the end of an era: being in the draft lottery. First year in a while we wont have any ping pong balls of destiny to pray for

not going to lie. Those ping pong balls were really exciting. It's going to be weird not caring about them anymore.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Looking back the turn around for this team really began with hiring Bob Nicholson.

It took a couple seasons and really was a process. Kudos to Nicholson. :handclap:

Yes it did and I was so excited by his hire. I'd love to dig up the thread where we debated what impact he would have on the team.

Konami McDavid

May 1, 2015
Edmonton
Happiest post I have ever uploaded to HF boards :D:yo:

What makes this moment so much greater is comparing it to the lows I have felt over the past 10 years. So many analysis. So many days of "what went wrong and why". *&CK it all, we are back baby!!!!! My hats off to the following;
-McDavid for being a beast day after day
-Talbot for calm domination between the pipes
-Nicholson for bringing in competence
-Chirelli for knowing how to make a trade
-Todd for sticking with it and preaching levelheadedness
-Our defense, I forgot what an NHL caliber blueline was like
-Nuge and Ebs for making it through the tire-fire (now get back to who you can be)
-Hall for his sacrifice, you deserved so much better
-Drai for constantly improving every aspect of his game
-Maroon for his heart (I couldn't imagine being away from my little man)
-Kassian for turning his life around
-Nurse because you never hesitate to "beat his @$$"
-and to all of you for being the best damn fans in the league!!!!

Now go get a cup boys!!

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
How come I cannot find any 2006 threads when I search? I can find my 2005 posts though

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Holy **** boys... they actually did it

I was 20 last playoff run, now I'm 30... It's been a lonnggg wait

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad