Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He’s a good player but not a great one. He’s a second line C and an okay one. PPG players are fine but this team needs more than that so no. Him and his shitty attitude can play somewhere else
But...........he has stated he wants to come to Montreal...................or is that the franco media making stuff up?
How many kids want to play for Montreal? 99% of homegrown talent wants nothing to do with the habs.
Something that needs to change, but we should ask our HF gang as to why this happens?

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Like drouin before him, too many Habs fans overrate him because he is Quebecois français. Not saying he sucks or a bad player but he is not likely going to suddenly become a 100 point or even point per game player year in and year out from joining the habs.
Nobody thinks that. There will be like 10 players hitting 100 pts this season. We all know we won’t ever get that kind of player unless we win Bedard.

Well we will have 4 player at 8M 3 center and 1 wing.
No issue at all. The cap will soon reach 90M$. Some players will get 12M$ per.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Like drouin before him, too many Habs fans overrate him because he is Quebecois français. Not saying he sucks or a bad player but he is not likely going to suddenly become a 100 point or even point per game player year in and year out from joining the habs.
Not the same kind of player at all. Dubois is just getting better and can most definitely play center.

I would trade for him this summer without thinking twice.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Drouin had more red flags than dubois has IMO. Hated the drouin move since day one
PLD has red flags too though so who knows

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Drouin had more red flags than dubois has IMO. Hated the drouin move since day one
PLD has red flags too though so who knows
PLD publicly saying he would test the market while under contract was a shit move.
I see similarities between him and Drouin character wise. Be careful bringing him on. He may be a great acquisition, I have my doubts.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Depends on the 2023 draft pick. When can he contribute and where in the lineup?

Could be:
Caufield - Suzuki - 2023 5th OA
Slaf - Dach - Anderson

Not a bad start.

How much are you willing to pay (cap and trade assets) to upgrade from Andy to PLD, the winger version?

OTOH, if they pick 7th and take a D, then sure, go for it.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Local guy conversation is a bit tiresome however you see it.

A young nhl center entering his prime years wanting to play for your team is a good thing. And as 2-3 center with Dach and Suzuki they could be fine with a few star wingers up front I feel.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
PLD publicly saying he would test the market while under contract was a shit move.
I see similarities between him and Drouin character wise. Be careful bringing him on. He may be a great acquisition, I have my doubts.

How is that shit move? Dubois has zero obligation to re-sign long-term with Winnipeg. If anything, telling the jets in advance that he plans to test free agency is a good thing. The jets can trade him for assets and not lose him for nothing like what happened with Calgary and Gaudreau and the Islanders with Tavares.

Reactions: Paddy17 and Redux91

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
it was his agent, not him.
You also can consider this as a way to give the team the opportunity to make the best deal they could instead of just leaving them without any return once you are a free agent

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
He’s a good player but not a great one. He’s a second line C and an okay one. PPG players are fine but this team needs more than that so no. Him and his shitty attitude can play somewhere else
More than that? Who was the last PPG guy we had, Kovalev? And before that?

He'd instantly be the best C we've had in 30 years!

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
everything i have read about the way he's working hard, has a great attitude and implicated in the games in Winnipeg. I don't understand how/why all those journalists, commentators or analysts could all have been wrong about his shitty attitude . Pro medias are so wrong compared to people from this forum

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Hughes mentioned making another trade to speed up the rebuild. I think some folks automatically thought of Dubois, and understandably so.

I wonder if he might look to a younger player who was drafted ~ 3 years prior, like Dach when he was acquired. It also qualifies as speeding up the rebuild.

Let’s see … 2020 draft …. Laffy?
9th in scoring on the rangers, needs a new contract, Gorton connection, Fortier (agent) connections to Habs (drafted by Habs, represents J Roy, Beck, MP Poulin). Just connecting the dots.

Laffy - Suzuki - Caufield
Slaf - Dach - Michkov

Two balanced lines regardless of how you mix and match.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
How is that shit move? Dubois has zero obligation to re-sign long-term with Winnipeg. If anything, telling the jets in advance that he plans to test free agency is a good thing. The jets can trade him for assets and not lose him for nothing like what happened with Calgary and Gaudreau and the Islanders with Tavares.
You don't think the value of those assets has been driven into the ground because he went public with that? That is something you say in private, unless the motivation is to screw your team..... :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad