Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Personally he appears way too overhyped.

He's very overhyped but it's a case where the Habs do not have a lot of talent upfront. And physical skilled forwards do not grow on trees and he wants to come here. Dubois is like signing Horvat in a way. Talented but they are not franchise guys but it adds a good weapon to your line-up.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Personally he appears way too overhyped.
i dont think people are expecting a superstar 100 point player from Dubois i think we all know PLD can become a good 70 to 80 points top 6 player for us that plays with grit he can even reach ppg hes only 24 not saying you but i see some people here talking about him like hes about to turn 30 hes only a few months older then Suzuki he can still become even better

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Here's my attempt at a single thread to discuss PLD so he doesn't take over every single other thread.
Consider this like a safe space. A trust tree if you will were we can ask a questions like:
  • Does he really want to come here or is he just saying he does?
  • Should we? or Shouldn't we? at what price? and when should we?
  • is he too old?
  • Is he worth the price to trade for him? Is he worth the price to sign him?
  • Who is he good friends with on the Habs?
  • Is he better than Dach?
Bonne chance mes amies!
- Yes. May not be the ONLY place he'd play ,but yes.
- Why shouldn't we?
- Daf*** too old
- Depends on the price. Not sending Our First + Guhle + Hutson. Totally open to send FLA's 1st + Mesar + something else
- Who the f*** cares about friends
- Yes of course he's better than Dach. But he's not quite a franchise changer in and of himself, or a Franchise player otherwise. Very well rounded, but if he's higher than 3rd on the "production" sheet, we're in trouble.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
- Yes. May not be the ONLY place he'd play ,but yes.
- Why shouldn't we?
- Daf*** too old
- Depends on the price. Not sending Our First + Guhle + Hutson. Totally open to send FLA's 1st + Mesar + something else
- Who the f*** cares about friends
- Yes of course he's better than Dach.

I liel all your answers I'll propose one alternative to better than Dach. "Why not both?

Who cares PLD has played left wing a lot aswell so, big top six forwards who is good for 25+ goals and can play C and wing. I would like as many as I can have.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I liel all your answers I'll propose one alternative to better than Dach. "Why not both?

Who cares PLD has played left wing a lot aswell so, big top six forwards who is good for 25+ goals and can play C and wing. I would like as many as I can have.
Yeah never meant to say that it was him or Dach. Having them respectively our 3rd and 5th best forwards would set us up really well.

Reactions: themilosh

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
If he actually wants to come to Montreal, knowing very well what kind of a circus will be coming his way, then make the trade. Maybe he wants to feel that sort of pressure and those kinds of players can succeed in this market.

I wouldn’t trade away the whole prospect cupboard though. We have leverage.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Plus, you forgot to include a few typos in the thread title, as we often do. :sarcasm:

I think you nailed it with this post. We can’t help ourselves, we need to stray.

How about adding a poll good for a few months, that features a simple question? Something like:

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes a UFA?”

If a trade, let’s assume that Hughes would be paying a reasonable, fair market price based on comparables and precedents, so that we don’t fall into the rabbit hole of “yes, but not at any price!!!”

What sayeth you?
Done!

• Love
Reactions: Runner77

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Here's my attempt at a single thread to discuss PLD so he doesn't take over every single other thread.
Consider this like a safe space. A trust tree if you will were we can ask a questions like:
  • Does he really want to come here or is he just saying he does?
  • Should we? or Shouldn't we? at what price? and when should we?
  • is he too old?
  • Is he worth the price to trade for him? Is he worth the price to sign him?
  • Who is he good friends with on the Habs?
  • Is he better than Dach?
Bonne chance mes amies!
Good call
Let's see it grow

Reactions: SwiftyHab

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Like drouin before him, too many Habs fans overrate him because he is Quebecois français. Not saying he sucks or a bad player but he is not likely going to suddenly become a 100 point or even point per game player year in and year out from joining the habs.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Like drouin before him, too many Habs fans overrate him because he is Quebecois français. Not saying he sucks or a bad player but he is not likely going to suddenly become a 100 point or even point per game player year in and year out from joining the habs.
The Drouin experience of trading a strong D for a 3OA potential homegrown superstar has probably given us all PTSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad