Post-Game Talk: IT'S OVAH - Hibernation begins and so does the finger pointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Campbell and Paille will not be resigned. Just heard it from the horses mouth (PC)

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I was talking odds and luck only. Odds of a 96 pt team not making the NHL playoffs are roughly the same as an 11-5 team not making the NFL playoffs. Ignoring how you got there and whether you deserve it, you have to be at least a little unlucky not to make the playoffs in either scenario.

Except they aren't the same. Every NFL season has 16 games per team. You win-lose-tie. Every game is played under those parameters.

An NHL game can have 2 or 3 points. Not every game is equal. 3-point games were what? At 25% this year. A ridiculous number. So final point totals will go up.

And unlike football (and usually unlike hockey) teams were blatantly tanking this year, which meant that for teams not actively trying to fail, points were easier to come by. The available pool of points was higher this year, thus higher totals were needed to qualify.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
You absolutely NEED both. Look at the Rangers, Capitals or the Ducks. All teams with speed, but can also play a heavy nasty game. Guys like Kreider are what we need. Speed and nastiness mixed with skill. We can't have a team full of Pasta's. The guy is going to be a great player, but you still need to make sure you have those physical guys. Something we were SORELY lacking last year.

Hey Pasta threw probably the best open ice hit of the game Saturday night - knocked the Tampa player on his ass. Give the kid time to fill out we won't really know what we go for a few years yet.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I actually thought the Bruins DID play well enough to make the playoffs, just not consistently enough.

For about 10 minutes in the 2nd period of the final game, they looked like a playoff team.

:sarcasm::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad