Gritty Talk Part III: Cleared after investigation into assault (Feb. 3, 2020)

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
I was watching the new IT movie today and I swear to God the thought kept running through my head of those kids just need to get ahold of gritty. If they had gritty theyd be okay. If they had gritty he could just look IT right in the eyes and make IT spontaneously combust from fear

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Kind of a scary shot :laugh:

E4445C7755DGNMQYXRIRWZP66A.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Did Gritty punch a 13-year-old boy in the back? Philadelphia detectives are investigating

Chris Greenwell brought his boy Brandon to the Wells Fargo Center one night in November to meet the most famous person on the Philadelphia Flyers payroll: Gritty.

The Flyers had invited Greenwell and his 13-year-old son to get a photo and some face time with the fuzzy, googly-eyed mascot, all part of an exclusive event for season ticket holders. But after waiting in line for about an hour behind dozens of fans to get to Gritty, something shocking happened, according to Greenwell.

Gritty punched Brandon in the back, Greenwell claims.

In Greenwell’s telling, Brandon playfully patted the mascot on the head after the photo was taken. As Brandon walked away, Gritty got out of his chair, “took a running start," and “punched my son as hard as he could," Greenwell said Wednesday.

Officials at Comcast Spectacor, the company that owns the Flyers, told Greenwell there is no video footage of the incident because the “cameras in that area of the center are focused on other locations,” according to emails between Greenwell and officials. The company claimed it conducted an investigation that included interviews with Gritty, and “Gritty’s handler,” but couldn’t verify Greenwell’s account.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I saw this when the dad posted in a Season Ticket Holder group back in December asking if anyone saw it occur.

Who knows what happened.

Gritty is a dick actually and does things that he probably shouldn't be doing. He probably did punch the kid as a joke because he was hitting him on the head but no chance he ran up and punched him as hard as he could. No ill intent but it's the world we live in.

Also, the guy claims to not have an attorney and just wanted to handle it with the organization and they offered some things to smooth it over. Not sure what exactly he's looking for at that point unless it's money (aka free tickets) but I don't want to make any accusations.

EDIT: Reread it and it looks like all he was asking for was to be shown on the screen or meet the team and get an autograph. The team offered to let him sit on the bench for warm-ups (which is a standard perk for being a STH anyway, which the dad is anyway). I read it as the Flyers offered all of that.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
If all the guy was asking for was to let the kid into the locker room to meet the players, they should have done it just to make it go away.

I was laughing pretty hard reading this though.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad