Gritty Talk Part III: Cleared after investigation into assault (Feb. 3, 2020)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It very likely DID happen. Just not in the manner that is being alleged.

Gritty likely got tired of the kid hitting him in the head so he jokingly went to punch him as he walked away.

It looks to be a really bad idea to bring this to the press though.

Yeah they aren't going to get a dime out of this and it's only going to humiliate their son.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
What is the world coming to, In the year 2020 we decided that super punching a 13 year old kid is wrong? I mean c'mon

Reactions: Defect

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just saw on Twitter that the Dad made the photo with Gritty from that night his profile picture on Facebook. Must have been a very traumatizing event!

Dad is probably swimming in debt and needs a way out lol

Last edited:

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Worst of all possible worlds would be if they got rid of Gritty.
Second-worst if they blinked and toned down the antics.

A good outcome would be to lean into the reputation. Have cartoonish wrestling events with teenagers in between periods (Gritty always wins). Oversized mallets. Folding chairs. If Bills Mafia can take the pain, surely we can find some kids willing to let Gritty drop them head-first from a steel cage :laugh:

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
This is nationally trending on Twitter, by the way. You can imagine the response:

(1) overwhelming love and support for Gritty, "I would die for him", and the like

(2) "Philadelphia", "Filthadelphia", etc.

(3) his fist probably made the squeeky sound when the punch landed :laugh:

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Worst of all possible worlds would be if they got rid of Gritty.
Second-worst if they blinked and toned down the antics.

A good outcome would be to lean into the reputation. Have cartoonish wrestling events with teenagers in between periods (Gritty always wins). Oversized mallets. Folding chairs. If Bills Mafia can take the pain, surely we can find some kids willing to let Gritty drop them head-first from a steel cage :laugh:
The "Dad" is probably one of the people who hates Gritty and sees it as a way to try to make him go away.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
What kind of 13 y/o waits an hour to have his picture taken with Gritty, anyway?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I could absolutely see Gritty blasting a kid in the back like that. Did you see how hard he hit that woman in the face with the cake? Choreographed or not, he really dug in that back foot and went for the kill just like Best of the Best.
He f***ing murder her with that cake. She took that like a champ and smiled through the pain.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Dad looking for his payout, so sad these days.

Give him his 100K and tell him to **** off.
418ADB71-2ED7-4C8D-A88A-CE036CBB8EE0.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This is nationally trending on Twitter, by the way. You can imagine the response:

(1) overwhelming love and support for Gritty, "I would die for him", and the like

(2) "Philadelphia", "Filthadelphia", etc.

(3) his fist probably made the squeeky sound when the punch landed :laugh:

Over/under on snowballs at Santa Tweets?

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
When I went to the STM event at the linc last year, some idiot dad brought his 12ish year old son who was wearing a penguins jersey. Gritty picked the kid up, threw him over his shoulder, walked him out of the linc, and locked him out of the building.

god I love that orange furry bastard.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I also want to know how at this highly crowded event, with an hour long line, Gritty apparently “took a running start” & then punched a kid “as hard as he could” with absolutely no one seeing it.

BS.

This kid sounds like a spoiled brat crybaby & his dad sounds no better. The kid was probably messing around with Gritty & Gritty probably gave him a shove.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
LOL. This clown dad took his son to a chiropractor a week later & got him diagnosed with “mild pain” & a “back bruise.” (Why wait a week? How’s the bruise still there? Yeah, I’m really sure Gritty caused it.....)

He also emailed Comcast Spectator to complain that the picture was “lousy” & that Gritty wasn’t looking at the camera. Then brought up the punch allegation.

What a scumbag obviously trying to get free stuff & special treatment from the Flyers.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
When I went to the STM event at the linc last year, some idiot dad brought his 12ish year old son who was wearing a penguins jersey. Gritty picked the kid up, threw him over his shoulder, walked him out of the linc, and locked him out of the building.

god I love that orange furry bastard.
Hmmm same 13 year old son. I think so

Reactions: flyersjim73

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Dad looking for his payout, so sad these days.

Give him his 100K and tell him to **** off.

It sounds really fishy on the surface. They’ll obviously have more detail & actual legal experts weighing in.

But I can’t imagine they’d be willing to just fork over $100K on a claim like this with such ease. Not that 100K is some huge price to them. It’s the opposite & a drop in the bucket but there’s still principle & precedent of not giving off the impression to the public they’re some open cash register on these situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad