Gritty Talk Part III: Cleared after investigation into assault (Feb. 3, 2020)

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
how hard could the hit have been, like getting hit with a pillow

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Young Brandon, age 13, is going to score big points with the ladies and cool kids when he tells them that he cried and his dad went to the papers about a googly-eyed mascot punching him.

But these are dangerous times with mascots looking to throw fists and assault children. The Flyers should look into someone to protect fans from these monsters.

Gritty ain't f***ing with this:

tumblr_pznbgh8MeT1qizf4bo1_400.gifv

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
There's also a Crossing Broad post comment back on December 1st saying "Not to change the subject, but I was at a Flyers event a week or so ago and Gritty punched a kid in the back. Anyone hear of any fallout from that? If that was my kid, I would have beaten the hell out of that orange freak"

The dad specifically mentioned that his son was "punched in the back" in the Facebook post on December 5th asking if anyone saw anything and then he dug up that Crossing Broad post.

I'm not claiming that it's made up but I don't think if I saw Gritty punch a random kid i'd include "in the back" when asking if anyone saw it... I'd say "did anyone see Gritty punch a kid?" It just seems way too specific.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Are they going to bring charges against all of those mascots that bulldoze kids during halftime of football games? Sick world.

Reactions: Defect

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Wings fan here and love Gritty. Love the concept of him. I think this is a legit cash grab by the parents. Just so happened to be at an event with no cameras and all the potential witnesses that were asked, didnt see anything from the one article I read. Hope it is just a cash grab and this all goes away with no harm to Gritty and his antics.

Reactions: Rebels57

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They have the thing be pretty aggressive & skirt that line with it’s actions but I still can’t imagine a room full of people wouldn’t question a mascot walloping a young kid like that.

I ultimately don’t really give a shit what happens anyway though. That’s money out of Comcast’s pocket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad