GDT: It's Draft Day 2016 | 7 PM EDT - NBCSN, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Does Arizona have to pay a retired player? Dats counts against zonas cap. Why do they care? They get better inventory of players to find the next star. Dats money will be gone before it's a problem.

I think Arizona did well. Got good value for nothing

No.

They get cap money without spending a dime.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
pretty happy with McAvoy overall, glad we filled more of a need with D.

C.Miller, Lauzon, Zboril, Carlo, McAvoy, Grzelcyk, Arnesson, O'Gara, Benning lesser extent Johansson..not sure how Sherman turns out...still a project.

I am pretty happy with that grouping..we gotta have some good hits there right? LOTS of potential and different styles of D too..size (Carlo, O'Gara), skating (Lauzon, McAvoy, Carlo, Zboril, Arnesson+) offense (C.Miller, Grzelcyk, Lauzon +), physical (Zboril, Carlo, O'Gara, wish Sherman played more physical..especially at his size), stay at home (Arnesson, Benning, O'Gara, Carlo)

Hard not to be excited for the future of Bruins D

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Was always kind of iffy on McAvoy. Nothing but a fan opinion. Seems a bit, ummm, wild. Can understand the upside however. Tage Thompson was the other guy who I was hoping to avoid at 29. Another 97 born player. One of the oldest in the draft. Have that bad feeling he's going to be the guy.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
If Stamkos knows the Detroit area and still wants to go there, it makes you wonder if his brain was starved of oxygen at some point.

Stanley is a monster.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines

C.Miller, Lauzon, Zboril, Carlo, McAvoy, Grzelcyk, Arnesson, O'Gara, Benning lesser extent Johansson..not sure how Sherman.

I am pretty happy with that grouping..we gotta have some good hits there right? LOTS of potential and different styles of D too..size (Carlo, O'Gara), skating (Lauzon, McAvoy, Carlo, Zboril, Arnesson+) offense (C.Miller, Grzelcyk, Lauzon +), physical (Zboril, Carlo, O'Gara, wish Sherman played more physical..especially at his size), stay at home (Arnesson, Benning, O'Gara, Carlo)

Completely agree the future is what Im most excited about from this current regime. Sweeney has a plan and needs time and eventually a visionary to implement it

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

C.Miller, Lauzon, Zboril, Carlo, McAvoy, Grzelcyk, Arnesson, O'Gara, Benning lesser extent Johansson..not sure how Sherman turns out...still a project.

The question is how far away are these guys. Hopefully we can hit on 3 or 4 of them and supplement the rest of the D with solid veterans

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No agenda and don't mind the pick.....just saying he's the only kid I've seen up there tonight w/a bit of a double chin going.

Well he was about 20 pounds overweight earlier this year, so could be he hasn't lost it all from his face yet. He did still look fairly thick, hope he hasn't been backsliding since weighing in at 197 for the combine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad