GDT: It's Draft Day 2016 | 7 PM EDT - NBCSN, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Ken Hollland just took the rookie GM to the woodshed. Got rid of Datsyuk's cap hit to move down 4 spots.

I think the other way around here. A young GM took on a cap hit that he won't have to pay a penny on. His team can actually make money this year and stock the prospect cupboard.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Arizona will have 12.5 million in dead space next year. Great for the tank

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Agreed.

Sorry to be negative, had a personal bias for Fabbro and having them so closely ranked (along with Chychrun) made it an easy decision to be excited for Fabbro over the other two.

Again, not negative the slightest over McAvoy being a Bruin, more disappointed that the real opportunity to see Dante as a Bruin passed. Feel the same about Johansen in the 2nd round.

Here's what Kirk had to say on McAvoy:

The first thing about McAvoy is that he pushes the pace. He’s got an explosive first few steps and he loves to grab the puck and just go. For any fan that has seen the Bruins hemmed into their own zone, going with the D-to-D passes in the face of ferocious forechecking pressure, this is welcome news. If you’ve seen Torey Krug skate the puck out of trouble on the left side, McAvoy represents someone who can do the same thing on the right.

The best thing about McAvoy can get him into trouble at times, as he likes to pinch and gamble. I’ve seen him skate the puck all the way to the back of the net, fail to pick up the back side pressure and turn the puck over before his forward can rotate back to cover, leading to an odd-man rush the other way. A lot of that is just coaching and experience, but his decision-making will need to improve at the next level.

McAvoy only had three goals last season, but he’s got a good shot- he can get it off in stride or generate power from a stationary position and by the end of the year he was shooting with more authority. Watch for him to jump to double digits next season with the added role and confidence as a sophomore.

https://scoutingpost.com/?s=McAvoy

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Does Arizona have to pay a retired player? Dats counts against zonas cap. Why do they care? They get better inventory of players to find the next star. Dats money will be gone before it's a problem.

I think Arizona did well. Got good value for nothing

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Aaron Ward ‏@NHL_AaronWard 45s46 seconds ago
If they can convince Datsyuk to stay and Pronger to come out of retirement this team will be ridiculous. #slowclap

Awesome

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I think the other way around here. A young GM took on a cap hit that he won't have to pay a penny on. His team can actually make money this year and stock the prospect cupboard.

Pretty much this. They'll meet the floor and continue to develop.
That team is going to be beastly.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Move up for Fabbro, McAvoy+Fabbro 1st round would be alright.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Advice to all the posters - think everything will go your way

Last draft party won the big prize a team autographed jersey

This year the team autographed golf bag - actually the girls did but it will be holding my clubs on sunny days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad