Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Me today...

What-Are-the-Different-Phases-of-Getting-Drunk-on-Alcohol.jpg

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
These last two drafts have been nerve-wracking. Like your just waiting for that proverbial shoe to drop, preparing yourself for disappointment.

Remember the good old days when Boston didn't really need to make deals, and we just sat back and waited for them to pick between 20 and 30. Good times.

rudos1

Oct 22, 2009
I feel like DS will do as Ainge did, complain the price to trade his picks was too high and we get prospects that probably won't pan out and have to hope we can trade for what we need (Bz it's defence Cs it's scoring) and be prepared to be disappointed and get the usual song and dance that the deals could not be had...

:shakehead

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
I feel like DS will do as Ainge did, complain the price to trade his picks was too high and we get prospects that probably won't pan out and have to hope we can trade for what we need (Bz it's defence Cs it's scoring) and be prepared to be disappointed and get the usual song and dance that the deals could not be had...

I'm already mentally prepared for it. I'm sure Sweeney already has the "It wasn't for lack of trying, we tried to make a deal happen, but the cost was just too prohibitive.." speech ready to go.

NewJackEdwards

Jun 8, 2010
CT
I'm already mentally prepared for it. I'm sure Sweeney already has the "It wasn't for lack of trying, we tried to make a deal happen, but the cost was just too prohibitive.." speech ready to go.

I'd rather keep the picks than have Sweeney overpay in trade and on a contract.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Holiday in Quebec and draft+trade day. Great day.

I'm gonna hit the range with my son then come back for the action that was expected but still lacking right now.

Hopefully, at the end of the day, Bruins get a great player at 14 and have transformed Spooner into a top moving Dmen.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I usually love this day, but I am still sour.

Make it sweet, damnit!

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I know it is Eklunk but. . . http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

Source, "Contender Out West Pursuing Chara"
Of course Zdeno would have to approve and be ok with this...The only two teams I would speculate are Dallas and the LA Kings
Source: Eklund
Discuss

Which means Chara is staying.

Not singling you out specifically, but seriously has Eklund ever been right about ANYTHING? I don;t know why people continue to read his "throw **** against the wall and see what sticks" approach.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

You didn't even see who the B's drafted yet, or what deals they have made, and you are already saying they aren't going to pan out? You must be a joy to hang out with :laugh:

Richard Murray

Jun 25, 2007
Boston, MA
Which means Chara is staying.

Not singling you out specifically, but seriously has Eklund ever been right about ANYTHING? I don;t know why people continue to read his "throw **** against the wall and see what sticks" approach.

I was a Journalism major at UMass. We had Julie Robenhymer in for a class because she's an alum. I asked her what she thought about Eklund (being a fraud) and she got super pissed and defensive. Started going on about all his contacts. I think Julie is a good reporter at least.

Maybe he is legit? Maybe he isn't... I find it entertaining and hope Chara is on the block. Trade him now while you can still get something for him.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I know it is Eklunk but. . . http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

Source, "Contender Out West Pursuing Chara"
Of course Zdeno would have to approve and be ok with this...The only two teams I would speculate are Dallas and the LA Kings
Source: Eklund
Discuss

Dallas.

They are losing 3 of their top 5 D (Goligoski, Russell, and Demers).

I don't see how a team with the cap problems LA has can take on Chara? It's not like Boston would take back Brown or Gaborik....at least I hope not.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I was a Journalism major at UMass. We had Julie Robenhymer in for a class because she's an alum. I asked her what she thought about Eklund (being a fraud) and she got super pissed and defensive. Started going on about all his contacts. I think Julie is a good reporter at least.

Maybe he is legit? Maybe he isn't... I find it entertaining and hope Chara is on the block. Trade him now while you can still get something for him.

I'm sure he does have contacts, but the guy runs a rumor site and there is really only times a year that transactions actually happen in the NHL, TDL/Draft/July1. So I'm also sure he has to make some **** up all year long to get website hits.

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA

Eklund embodies the phrase "even a broken clock is right twice a day."

I'm pretty sure he actively tries to be right just often enough that people can't completely write him off, which lets him safely spew garbage the rest of the time.

Richard Murray

Jun 25, 2007
Boston, MA
Eklund embodies the phrase "even a broken clock is right twice a day."

I'm pretty sure he actively tries to be right just often enough that people can't completely write him off, which lets him safely spew garbage the rest of the time.

Fair. Guys who report rumors get a lot of flack. But as a fan, I want to know if a team even asked about a player. I like to know that kind of stuff. If you don't just don't pay attention.

I usually don't pay attention to Eklund. I go to hockeybuzz like four times a year. Today is one of those days haha

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Why?

Not everyone has a blue check mark and it's so easy to put one on next to someone's name.

Best thing to do is look at the number of followers and not try and be "first to post"
Mostly because the fake Dreger and McKenzie accounts are what cause a stir in here.

It wasn't a slight against you or some of the others who don't have a checkmark. Anyone with half a brain knows guys like you and Kirk are legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad