It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia S12

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't think it's the characters, I think it's the writing. They just had an episode with the regulars plus Cricket, Ponderosa, the soldier, uncle Jack and still not a single funny line.

It's 100% the writing. We've seen episodes with a heavier focus on specific characters and it's still funny. It just seems like they don't know where to go right now. I'm in the minority, but I thought Charlie's first half was pretty entertaining. The half at the Super Bowl was just very surface level that didn't really bring anything else to the table. I don't think it was based on a pre-existing show or movie like Charlie's was, so there weren't a lot of laughs to be had.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't know what to make of that season finale. The ending was amazing, just not sure if I like it for the show...

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
This season was so bad that I'm genuinely questioning whether or not I'll bother watching from now on. It had its moments but they were few and far between.

I mean I'll almost definitely give next season a shot at least but it's clear their best is behind them.

Reactions: Moncherry and plank

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I would disagree. There were quite a few episodes I really enjoyed. The Escape Room, Times Up, Bathroom Episode, The Gang gets new wheels. I also enjoyed the finale and the opener.

The ones I didn’t enjoy I’ll give another chance. There have been a lot of sunny episodes that I didn’t enjoy on first watch but have loved after watching it again.

I think season 11 was probably their weakest. It has a couple I really like but overall has more misses than hits.

Last edited:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/its-always-sunny-mac-dance-season-13-finale.html

I edit what I said back in this thread at the beginning of the season when I said Mac was an underrated comedic treasure. Rob McElhenney is an underrated treasure in general. What he does for his show and for his art is quite the sight to behold.

I love this damn show. It doesn't have to always be hilarious, but it always finds a way to put a smile on my face somehow.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/its-always-sunny-mac-dance-season-13-finale.html

I edit what I said back in this thread at the beginning of the season when I said Mac was an underrated comedic treasure. Rob McElhenney is an underrated treasure in general. What he does for his show and for his art is quite the sight to behold.

I love this damn show. It doesn't have to always be hilarious, but it always finds a way to put a smile on my face somehow.

I just finished watching the episode. Kept cracking up at Frank's face. And then that dance scene. Damn.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Those final 5 minutes were magical on what would have been a very, very average season finale.

Season started strong and kind of tapered off at the end with that two part episode, but the finale was something else. Wow.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The last episode was great. This show has been hit or miss for like 5 years though. Glad to hear it's almost ending honestly, the jump the shark point was just too long ago. When one of your stars can't committ full time you know it should be done.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The last episode was great. This show has been hit or miss for like 5 years though. Glad to hear it's almost ending honestly, the jump the shark point was just too long ago. When one of your stars can't committ full time you know it should be done.
There’s nothing that points to the show “almost ending.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad