It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia S12

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
At the end after Cindy repeated herself twice, I think Mac said "It's never good to recycle material" or something to that affect. Just like how they're recycling the Wade Boggs episode. :laugh:

Reactions: Legionnaire

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
That may have been the worst episode of the entire series. If I remember correctly last seasons opener also sucked. Maybe it was just one bad episode or maybe it's not funny in Philadelphia anymore.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Mindy Kaling seems to have had some cosmetic work done. I found it distracting when she was on screen

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
That may have been the worst episode of the entire series. If I remember correctly last seasons opener also sucked. Maybe it was just one bad episode or maybe it's not funny in Philadelphia anymore.
Last seasons opener was the musical where they turned black. I think it's my favourite Sunny episode of them all.

But I do agree with you that this past episode wasn't that great. Not "worst of the entire series" terrible, but mediocre for a season opener.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I figured that's where they'd be going with The Waitress and the doll, but it was still hilarious if only because I wasn't expecting her response on basic cable.

I never watched The Mindy Project, but Glenn Howerton had a recurring role on it so I assume he struck up a friendship with Mindy Kaling.

Not worth the time. I couldn't even stomach 2 seasons of it. But I also never thought she was funny to begin with.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
This show is just hit or miss now. But it's been on forever.

Why is Dennis like barely on? I know that he was on a show on NBC that actually got renewed for a second season but I dont think it's a full 24 or whatever order.

Mindy Kaling and Mary Elizabeth Ellis are awful.

I always wanted Dee to leave but now that The Mick is cancelled that won't happen.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
While I enjoyed the banter between the gang, overall, the episode felt like a missed opportunity

Dee should've had to use items in Dennis' room in order to figure out the safe word and escape

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I wasn't feeling the Escape Room episode, but I did laugh at Dee redoing the same escape room. My friend told me awhile back that she knew some guy who would take different dates to the same escape room to try to make himself appear clever when he "figured out" the clues.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I enjoyed the Escape Room episode. The Boggs reboot was pretty forgettable though.

I was wondering at the end of the episode like was the joke that the female version of the episode wasn't funny? Is it like a meta joke? That I'm supposed to laugh at the attempts to be funny that fell short?

I think I only laughed when Frank was posting up in the stall.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Can't believe I haven't found this thread until now.

I love the show, but this latest season has been lackluster. It might be time to hang'em up if things don't pick up. The episodes get some chuckles, but they're not nearly as funny as previous seasons.

That said, I do think each episode has gotten better this season, so maybe that trend will continue. Dennis having the text messages from the women giving consent was gold.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Can't believe I haven't found this thread until now.

I love the show, but this latest season has been lackluster. It might be time to hang'em up if things don't pick up. The episodes get some chuckles, but they're not nearly as funny as previous seasons.

That said, I do think each episode has gotten better this season, so maybe that trend will continue. Dennis having the text messages from the women giving consent was gold.

*Their phones. :laugh:

Reactions: PK Cronin

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I feel like pretty much every season has gotten better and better, which is amazing that they can do that, but this season hasn't been great and has me a little worried.

The first episode without Dennis until the very end felt way weirder than I expected, and I don't think the show could work if he does ever leave. Then in the escape room episode where Dennis' video popped up on the laptop felt really weird. The serial killer element has always more subtle and that just felt hack-y. I can't help but bookmark that in my head as a jump-the-shark moment if things don't get back on track (the times up episode has them headed that way)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad