GDT: It's a Wonderful Streak! Red Wings @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Certainly wasn't pretty over the final say 35 mins. But found a way to get the two points. Moore & vatanen were superb, the latter especially. And of course schneider.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So assuming we do waive Prout or whomever, would that get announced tonight or only be announced at noon tomorrow when waivers come out?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

So in other words, no sense staying up till midnight to see the move lol

Of course watch them pull a trade now :P But Gross is probably hinting if it's waivers it gets announced tomorrow.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Personally I think Zacha gets sent down in a paper move AND Prout is waived. Waiving someone is not a roster move. The actually move can’t take place until 24 hours later after the player is claimed or clears waivers.... and I think a move has to be made tomorrow.

SO

My guess is Zacha gets sent down but doesn’t go anywhere. Prout is waived and either clears and gets sent down Friday at noon or is claimed and gone anyway... Zacha comes back up in a paper move in time for the game Friday. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Personally I think Zacha gets sent down in a paper move AND Prout is waived. Waiving someone is not a roster move. The actually move can’t take place until 24 hours later after the player is claimed or clears waivers.... and I think a move has to be made tomorrow.

SO

My guess is Zacha gets sent down but doesn’t go anywhere. Prout is waived and either clears and gets sent down Friday at noon or is claimed and gone anyway... Zacha comes back up in a paper move in time for the game Friday. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

You might be right.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

SO

I don't think these moves can be just paper anymore.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I'm not sure. The Leafs were abusing the rules when it came to paper roster moves not too long ago
The Leafs also have their minor league team in the same city as their NHL team, so the difference between a paper move and a real move is negligible. I believe the rule is a player ordered to report to the AHL actually has to report in person.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
John Moore is quietly having a breakout year. He was flying all over the ice tonight. It looks like they've loosened the reins on the D in general, John Moore was pinching all the way up behind the Wing's net.

He and Vatanen played the most minutes on the team, and they controlled over 65% of the shot attempts.

I don't even think twice about resigning John Moore this summer.

Reactions: Blackjack

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
The Leafs also have their minor league team in the same city as their NHL team, so the difference between a paper move and a real move is negligible. I believe the rule is a player ordered to report to the AHL actually has to report in person.
that's so unfair and ridiculous, what if your AHL team is massively far away

binghamton is a 3-hour drive, which isn't terrible, but colorado's minor league is in san antonio, calgary's is in stockton, CA, vancouver's is in utica

i think the paper move should be allowed

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
John Moore is quietly having a breakout year. He was flying all over the ice tonight. It looks like they've loosened the reins on the D in general, John Moore was pinching all the way up behind the Wing's net.

He and Vatanen played the most minutes on the team, and they controlled over 65% of the shot attempts.

f*** it, do it now. 4x4.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

This is one of the biggest stories of the year that has been going unnoticed. The guy has been solid.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
This is one of the biggest stories of the year that has been going unnoticed. The guy has been solid.

If he can keep it going and start leaving out that one bonehead play every couple of games, he could mature into a genuine top shelf defenseman. His skating is so good - and he's got some legit offensive vision and skill - if he can become steady in his own zone he'll be a great player for us for a long time to come.

The ceilings on these guys are just incredible. Vats, Moore, Sevs, Butcher, Mueller, Santini... That's a sick backline if they all grow together and hit their ceilings.

Deal Greene at the deadline! (just kidding).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad