GDT: It's a Wonderful Streak! Red Wings @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
We currently have 3 players in the top 32 in the entire NHL in ES points/60 (min. 300 ES minutes)

Hall 2.59 (18th)
Gibbons 2.49 (28th)
Hischier 2.4 (32nd)

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
No but the numbers tend to even out over time. Is Bratt going to shoot 18% over his career? Very doubtful.
Sure a players #'s wil even out, but certain guys will always have better #'s then others.

Stamkos for instance is just a better shooter then Hall. His % is always going to be better.

And at this point Bratt is a better shooter then Nico. And that reflects in the %.

Reactions: Nocashstyle

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He may not skate well but that doesn't make him one-dimensional. I noticed at least two plays last night where he got beat but then made a nice stick play behind him to prevent the scoring chance.
He doesn't play against tough comp, he get's a high % of offensize zone starts, he plays the pp, he does not play the PK.

You can't get easier minutes.

I won't deny he has good stick/puck skills, he's a good pp guy for sure, the points are impressive, but he also has limitations.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
That back check by Zajac (Zajac-check?) was clutch.

Again, Zajac haters

ghWrRdnSpzX254qJzUw-zo3vTJ1CvmV4LKIAbbChlSSiWiRd8iSdR0doO_AMwxzEKiEOGPj7krzBOxW5LLO1-LwnVz4y7oiaBAmuoRTJJGCCQhlxnphisMSIxyjtytzM5MtV9R9TjhsnrbFnDHW32x8_Yeo=s0-d-e1-ft

Was a fun game to be at and a great atmosphere. Loved seeing Nico get the monkey off his back and pot a couple. Great redirect on his first and an all around great play by that line on his 2nd, especially from Bratt to hit Hall with that pass shielding Helm away.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Bratt's been the better sniper. He's been much more productive on the PP(get's the better minutes too, so that plays into in) and is more disruptive on the PK.

But 5v5 Nico generates more shots on net, and gets more assists. Significantly better #'s in both regards. He also plays the tougher position.

It's an interesting debate, but I'd probably roll with Nico as having the better season thus far.

If I HAD to pick the more impactful rookie up until this point, I think I would go with Bratt just because his productivity has been more consistent and spread out whereas Nico has been a little streaky. Bratt also sticks out a little more just because he is so creative and elusive with the puck. He reminds me of P. Kane a bit in how controls the puck and just avoids checks with his shiftiness. I'd also say he is probably our most creative (not best, that is obviously Hall) offensive player. Nico is no slouch in creativity either though.

Besides that, both Bratt and Nico have excelled away from the puck and been assets even when they're not scoring. We're really, really lucky to have both.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Personally think Bratt has been better at every single aspect of the game compared to Nico.

That's no dig at Nico...just a ringing endorsement of Bratt

I also understand that Bratt on the wing has it a bit easier than Nico playing center and the fact that Nico is 18 years old shouldn't be forgotten...but Bratt has been better.

I fully expect Hischier to eventually pass him and just about everyone else on the team, but right now it's Bratt.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Personally think Bratt has been better at every single aspect of the game compared to Nico.

That's no dig at Nico...just a ringing endorsement of Bratt

I also understand that Bratt on the wing has it a bit easier than Nico playing center and the fact that Nico is 18 years old shouldn't be forgotten...but Bratt has been better.

I fully expect Hischier to eventually pass him and just about everyone else on the team, but right now it's Bratt.
5 v 5 Nico's been better. Special teams goes to Bratt.

I think that is the pretty simple break down of it.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i think nicos being underrated defensively here. bratts no slouch obviously and does great work on the pk but i can’t say how many times a game i notice nico backchecking, forcing turnovers in the d zone with stick checks and forcing dangerous plays outside. for an undersized 18 year old it’s phenomenal

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
He really needs to shoot more. even HAYES has more shots than him. sure, this is in 19 GP, but if you doubled that to expand out to if he played the whole season so far, he'd have 48 SOG, which would put him under gibbons' production. that 8.3 is pretty ugly.

upload_2017-12-28_11-36-50.png

edit: he's LAST in OPS.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i think we're losing track of the fact that zajac's number one priority isn't scoring anymore, if it ever was.

the last five years amplified his lack of score sheet contributions because of how f***ing awful the team was, and now our lineup is stacked so he's naturally going to get fewer opportunities than he had even though the team as a whole is generating more offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad