GDT: It's a Snowy Sunday Afternoon Game Against Boston

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Brinkley said that extra point frankly doesn't matter to the Canes as much as the Bruins. **** that arrogant *****, I hope the Canes edge the Bruins by one point for wildcard spot #2.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
every time someone says "Ahooooo" my brain hears it to the tune of those yodely Yahoo! commercials from the early aughts. "YahOOOoooo". I know you guys care, so that's why I'm telling you.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Brinkley said that extra point frankly doesn't matter to the Canes as much as the Bruins. **** that arrogant *****, I hope the Canes edge the Bruins by one point for wildcard spot #2.

With Resch retired and Emrick only doing national broadcasts, is there a more unlikable broadcast pair than Edwards and Brinkley?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
i will make the ultimate sacrifice and quit watching after 2nd period of every game from this point on if that is what it takes

Hell if I tune into the game after it starts the opposition always scores, it's either watch the whole thing entirely or not at all.

I'm thinking about just not watching at all and simply follow the GDT, they seem to play better when that happens.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Steigerwald and whoever his partner is

That'd be Bob Errey. They're up there but I don't think they quite reach Edwards-Brinkley levels of awfulness.

Attendance was a lot better today than I thought it would be so that's cool. Over 11k.

Not bad, especially given said idiot (Edwards) apparently commenting there were probably "400" at the game.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
With Resch retired and Emrick only doing national broadcasts, is there a more unlikable broadcast pair than Edwards and Brinkley?

What sucks is that Brinkley used to be a lot less like that. It also sheds a bit of light on why Edards is that way. When they used to do national games they were great. NESN wants them to be the way they are. Tough to go against the people that sign your checks.

Edit: This keeps autocorrecting from Brickley to Brinkley. I know it's Brickley.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Just saw the game-winner from Seabass. Kid's got composure way beyond his years. Waiting for traffic to drift in front of the goal like that.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Just saw the game-winner from Seabass. Kid's got composure way beyond his years. Waiting for traffic to drift in front of the goal like that.

Remember Skinners rookie year? This reminds me of that. Not producing as many points as Jeff did that season but Aho "gets it", and is a treat to watch.
Too bad he doesn't resemble a teen heartthrob. :laugh:

Or does he? :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad