GDT: It's a Snowy Sunday Afternoon Game Against Boston

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The team has already said the game will go ahead as scheduled, but anyone who doesn't feel safe driving the roads can exchange their tickets for one at a later date.

As far as the game itself goes, Ward is starting again, and Tennyson will be back in the lineup paired with Hanifin.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
game thread with pertinent info

no jokes

it's like i've entered the twilight zone

8-1 loss

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Rattie still on a line with Skinner and Rask.

#53 Skinner (A) - #49 Rask - #8 Rattie
#20 Aho - #86 Teravainen - #21 Stempniak
#23 McGinn - #11 Staal (A) - #33 Ryan
#42 Nordstrom - #18 McClement - #25 Stalberg

#74 Slavin - #22 Pesce
#65 Hainsey - #27 Faulk (A)
#5 Hanifin - #26 Tennyson

#30 Ward
#32 Leighton

Scratches

#6 Dahlbeck - Healthy
#7 Murphy - Healthy
#15 - Nestrasil - Healthy
#16 Lindholm - Upper Body
#29 Bickell - Multiple Sclerosis
#31 Lack - Concussion

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Yeah, sorry guys I tried but he's really good at scampering away.

Obviously, Murphy didn't pan out, and that's a bummer. But to see him play now is just painful. On top of being completely overmatched, he looks scared. He's obviously got zero confidence right now, which I guess is understandable, but he's not even trying to fake it. This goes down as a mercy demotion to me. He's a Ryan Leaf-level train wreck right now.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
This amount of snow is silly for me, but I can understand that you guys don`t have it too often so it`s a big deal! Be careful

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
This amount of snow is silly for me, but I can understand that you guys don`t have it too often so it`s a big deal! Be careful

It's not snow. It's ice.

To be more specific: it's rain then freezing rain then sleet then snow then freezing rain again then sleet again and then a little snow on top. And that's what it almost always is when it "snows" here -- because it's always, like, between 1 degree and -1 degree Celsius when it "snows" here.

If it were just an inch or two of powdery stuff, it would be gone in a day. If it were six inches of powdery stuff, the plows would mostly handle it.

The last "nice" snow we had was probably 2 or 3 years ago.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

It's not snow that's the concern, but ice. A lot of the major roads are somewhat driveable but it's getting TO the major roads that are the problem. Just saw somebody attempt to drive by my house in a Beetle and they ended up spinning out. I'll stay home, thanks.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Obviously, Murphy didn't pan out, and that's a bummer. But to see him play now is just painful. On top of being completely overmatched, he looks scared. He's obviously got zero confidence right now, which I guess is understandable, but he's not even trying to fake it. This goes down as a mercy demotion to me. He's a Ryan Leaf-level train wreck right now.

Come on, man. He wasn't the #2 pick, he's not on drugs, and he's not in jail.

He's bad, sure, but not that bad.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
We have icey roads as well, they put salt mixed with dirt on the roads and it start to melt. I guess they don`t do that where you guys live?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Ryan Leaf is maybe a step above JaMarcus Russell in terms of most useless football player ever. That guy had maybe two games in which he didn't suck and looked somewhat competent.

Murphy may be a bust but he's no where near Ryan Leaf-like. I would probably say that "honor" would go to Alexandre Diagle, who interestingly had something like a 10 year career. That said I do wish now Francis could have gotten something, anything for him because I have a feeling he's got no value and will probably be playing overseas or in the minors pretty soon.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
We have icey roads as well, they put salt mixed with dirt on the roads and it start to melt. I guess they don`t do that where you guys live?

A lot of the secondary and residential roads here tend to be somewhat hilly and can cause challenges of deicing the roads. I think the big picture is the state wants all the major roads cleared so police cars and ambulances can at least have a clear path in the event of emergencies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00