GDT: It's a Snowy Sunday Afternoon Game Against Boston

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Ah. It's on Fox Sports Southeast, for who the **** knows why, and I don't have that on Sling.

Well, then. Maybe it's time to not bother paying for **** legally at all. Ass hats.

RIGHT! They weren't even showing it on one of the four ****ing FSS alternate channels that they have. Ridiculous.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I kind of miss the days when non-cable local channels like WB or the UPN carried local pro teams. Anyone remember when the Hurricanes were sometimes on the independent channel that's now the Univision station? WKFT TV40 I think was their official name? Fox Sports isn't bad but airing replays of SEC volleyball over live events is a little ridiculous.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I kind of miss the days when non-cable local channels like WB or the UPN carried local pro teams. Anyone remember when the Hurricanes were sometimes on the independent channel that's now the Univision station? WKFT TV40 I think was their official name? Fox Sports isn't bad but airing replays of SEC volleyball over live events is a little ridiculous.

Yeah. Today it's ****ing World Poker Tour, whatever the **** that **** is. They don't even show the Canes game as up for viewing on re-air later tonight. That's some serious ******** no matter how you cut it.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
It is shocking to look at the plus-minus column for this team: Pesce is +13, Slavin is +12. Everybody else on D is in the negative: Tennyson -4, Murphy -6, Hainsey -8, Faulk -11, Hanifin -12 (Dahlbeck's even but he's only played 10 games)

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It is shocking to look at the plus-minus column for this team: Pesce is +13, Slavin is +12. Everybody else on D is in the negative: Tennyson -4, Murphy -6, Hainsey -8, Faulk -11, Hanifin -12 (Dahlbeck's even but he's only played 10 games)

The only thing surprising about those numbers is that Hainsey isn't a bigger minus.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I kissed the game, but I watched the Aho OT winner like 10 times since my 2 yo was entranced by it on my phone.

I've felt like crap all day, had to hit the urgent care, now all jacked up on medication

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I -kissed the game, but I watched the Aho OT winner like 10 times since my 2 yo was entranced by it on my phone.

I've felt like crap all day, had to hit the urgent care, now all jacked up on medication

Hey, each to their own.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Minnesota's crew is underrated in the "holy **** these guys are ****ing horrible" department.

Only Dan Greenlay. He is just a horrendous color commentator who brings nothing to the table. I feel LaPanta gets a lot of **** but his homerism at times is actually quite enjoyable.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Come on, man. He wasn't the #2 pick, he's not on drugs, and he's not in jail.

He's bad, sure, but not that bad.

When I was comparing Murphy to Leaf, it wasn't in the level of bust. Sorry I didn't make that clear. It was in the cringe-worthyness of watching them actually try to play. I've seen guys not make it before, but it's rare to see someone so completely out of their element on the field of play. Murphy is there right now. He looks like he wants to be anywhere but on the ice right now. That's all I meant.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
also watching Nordy and Stalberg working Chara over, that was beautiful

Age has definitely caught up to Chara. He hasn't looked effective in any games I've seen him this season.

I haven't watched Chara in years, and MAN has he gone downhill. Used to be scary, and tonight Skinner outmuscled him for a puck on the end boards even though Chara got to it first...just skated in, took the puck and skated away with it. I had no idea Chara is 39...so there's some explanation.

Also, just checked out his contract terms. Interesting that he is basically playing his worth in that contract...a rare long-term deal that was fair to both sides all the way to the end.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I haven't watched Chara in years, and MAN has he gone downhill. Used to be scary, and tonight Skinner outmuscled him for a puck on the end boards even though Chara got to it first...just skated in, took the puck and skated away with it. I had no idea Chara is 39...so there's some explanation.

Also, just checked out his contract terms. Interesting that he is basically playing his worth in that contract...a rare long-term deal that was fair to both sides all the way to the end.

The fact that he's still even useful at his size and age is remarkable.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
This team really needs to get more separation from the teams we're above in the standings. Only 5 points out from being last in the East.

OTOH, Philadelphia has a -6 goal differential (we are at -4) and is 2-5-3 in their last 10. If they keep falling and we keep getting points wherever we can get them, who knows.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
This team really needs to get more separation from the teams we're above in the standings. Only 5 points out from being last in the East.

OTOH, Philadelphia has a -6 goal differential (we are at -4) and is 2-5-3 in their last 10. If they keep falling and we keep getting points wherever we can get them, who knows.

With this much time left, other teams are irrelevant. Get 100 points, you make the playoffs. End of story.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

Actually, that's kinda perfect, isn't it? I mean, if we miss the playoffs, we miss the playoffs. Who cares if we're last. We're in the hunt, but at the same time, if the season goes south, we can improve draft position in pretty short order.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Yeah. Today it's ****ing World Poker Tour, whatever the **** that **** is. They don't even show the Canes game as up for viewing on re-air later tonight. That's some serious ******** no matter how you cut it.

Serious question... who has the time to watch that ****? I play poker from time to time, it can certainly be fun, but it's probably the last thing I consider a spectator sport or want to watch on TV.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Actually, that's kinda perfect, isn't it? I mean, if we miss the playoffs, we miss the playoffs. Who cares if we're last. We're in the hunt, but at the same time, if the season goes south, we can improve draft position in pretty short order.

I have a feeling RF will have an interesting choice to make at the deadline. Last year remember they had a losing skid leading up to the deadline which kind of made his decision easy. I don't see that happening this time. If they are still just 2-3 points out of a playoff spot you almost have to make a trade or two and go for it.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Serious question... who has the time to watch that ****? I play poker from time to time, it can certainly be fun, but it's probably the last thing I consider a spectator sport or want to watch on TV.

From what I've gathered it's on at bars with multiple TVs quite a lot. No idea why. Probably for the same reason that poker game is on all the time at BDubs even if there's only like 3 people playing it anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00