Pre-Game Talk: It's a show about nothing! (Nobody, Nobody, @Nobody)

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Who the hell is #1 for Hart?

Wait what? Sakic first for GM? I thought he was supposed to be fired a couple of years ago? Good thing Josh didn't listen to most of the HFAvs fans on here.

Well deserved recognition! Hope he wins it.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado

I find McDavid an interesting choice. The dude is clearly a phenom, but without Drai would he be putting up that amount of points? We all know Mack actually improved when Rants and Landy were out but can McDavid deliver on his own - if not then he alone surely can't be the MVP. Mack is quite evidently the MVP for the Avs, can the same be said for McDavid and the Oilers?

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
Looks like the reason the voters gave Hall the Hart over Nate a few years ago won't work this year.

There should be a flow chart for the Hart Trophy where the first box reads "Is McDavid healthy?"

Reactions: McMetal

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Makar would win the Byne over MacKinnon if it was an Avs only award. Might've been Girard in past years but not after the whole DeBrincat incident.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Mack is going to have to either win the scoring race or Edmonton miss the playoffs if Mack wants the Hart.

The McDavid factor combined with the Edmonton factor will ensure he wins it if the Oilers can get into the post season dance.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Looks like the reason the voters gave Hall the Hart over Nate a few years ago won't work this year.

There should be a flow chart for the Hart Trophy where the first box reads "Is McDavid healthy?"
Was just about to post this. Hall winning the Hart had nothing to do with him scoring so much more than anyone else on his team, and everything to do with East coast bias. Now MacK has almost double the points on the next highest scorer on the team, and McJesus is the front runner despite being practically tied with Drai on his team for points. Funny how that works.

Yes I AM still salty about Hall getting the Hart, why do you ask? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Avalanche

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

More info here:

MacKinnon catching McDavid is very doable but if the Oilers make the playoffs and McDavid has more points then I think he deserves the Hart. Everyone points to Draisaitl and that's a legit point but you also have to look at the rest of their roster.

As I said in the Makar thread, it's probably not fair to Hughes but it seems like many voters have already given the Calder to Makar. Hughes might have to outproduce Makar by a decent margin when you factor in games missed and PPG.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
giphy.gif

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
More info here:

MacKinnon catching McDavid is very doable but if the Oilers make the playoffs and McDavid has more points then I think he deserves the Hart. Everyone points to Draisaitl and that's a legit point but you also have to look at the rest of their roster.

As I said in the Makar thread, it's probably not fair to Hughes but it seems like many voters have already given the Calder to Makar. Hughes might have to outproduce Makar by a decent margin when you factor in games missed and PPG.

I'd be curious to know the names and location of the 11 who voted Hughes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad