Pre-Game Talk: It won't be a "Par-easy" win, need a good effort or will end up being "Zuckers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
If JVR is out wonder how the lines will end up. Maybe Leivo or Broll or Brodie up to the top line and told "go to the front of the net with your stick down".

That way you can keep the Kadri-Lupul pair intact as well as Bolland-Raymond.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
So this is what it's like to have an injured team. We've been pretty lucky the past few seasons.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Leivo get the 1st line bump this game.

Leivo - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Broll
Raymond - Bolland - Smith
Ashton - McClement - Orr

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
First time this season we're facing a back up. Hopefully we can capitalize on it..

Back to back, tired Wild team and a back up. We should get at least a point...Let's hope we play like the Wild defensively and not like the Oilers.

I'll be officially concerned if we are terrible in this game (even if we win).

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
So this is what it's like to have an injured team. We've been pretty lucky the past few seasons.

Wouldn't say we're lucky. We lost Lupul last year, We lost Phaneuf for a long time 3 years ago, Reimer two years ago etc.

I would say we're lucky in the sense that we haven't lost a lot of players all at once but we have lost key guys for a long period of time in each of the last 3 seasons.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Leivo hasn't done anything so far, he isn't ready to be put with Kessel and Bozak.

Raymond/Lupul would be moved up.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Well this definitely puts a damper on my attitude for this game. Not expecting a win if JVR is out. There is only so much you can handle when it comes to injuries/suspensions, we're hitting our limit.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leivo hasn't done anything so far, he isn't ready to be put with Kessel and Bozak.

Raymond/Lupul would be moved up.

With Lupul and Kadri having great chemistry the last couple games, Carlyle won't split them up.

As you said, Raymond will likely move up with them. I'm not sure how well they'll play together though, but at least the speed will be killer.

Leivo can slot with Bolland and likely McClement or Ashton.

Billy Mays Here*

Are you talking about goal scoring or something else? cause if it's goal scoring, we don't have a issue with that since we are 1st in the East in goal scoring

I was talking about us. Not sure why you thought I was talking about the Leafs.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Raymond seems to me to have tailed off lately. Hasnt been nearly as noticeable.

I think we all expected that. He wasn't going to be an explosive player like he was in pre-season.

For that price though, I think he does a lot of good things for our team. Fairly similar to MacArthur in terms of consistency.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Dare RC reunite Lupul and Kessel?

Lupul Bozak Kessel
Raymond Kadri Broll
McClement Bolland Leivo

National Post Sports ‏@npsport 2m
Toronto Maple Leafs’ James Reimer appears to be getting the start against Minnesota Wild http://natpo.st/1aJ9MKh

I like:

Lupul Bozak Kessel
Raymond Kadri Leivo
Ashton Bolland Smith
Orr McClement Broll

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2013/10/15/maple_leafs_reimer_gets_the_start_against_wild.html

James Reimer will get the start in goal Tuesday night when the Leafs meet the Minnesota Wild at the Air Canada Centre.

Reimer will be making his first start since the Leafs home opener, when he was pulled after allowing four goals on 21 shots.

Jonathan Bernier has held the net ever since, and the Leafs have surged to a 5-1 record, their best start after six games in 20 years.

Toronto also has a question mark over James Van Riemsdyk, who left the morning skate early on Tuesday. Van Riemsdyk, who bagged a pair of goals Saturday against Edmonton and shares the club lead in goals with Joffrey Lupul (five each), missed practice Monday with what the Leafs said was a “maintenance day.â€

Toronto has called up Marlies’ captain Trevor Smith as a precaution for Van Riemsdyk.

The club’s lines remain mostly the same, with Smith possibly taking Van Riemsdyk’s place on the top line with Tyler Bozak and Phil Kessel.

The rest of the lines remained at status quo: Nazem Kadri between Lupul and David Broll; Dave Bolland centering Mayson Raymond and Josh Leivo; and Jay McClement between Colton Orr and Troy Bodie.

The defensive pairings are similarly unchanged: Dion Phaneuf-Carl Gunnarsson; Paul Ranger-Jake Gardiner; Cody Franson-Morgan Rielly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad