Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-7-30_21-42-18.png

upload_2020-7-30_21-42-56.png

upload_2020-7-30_21-44-37.png

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Disappointing the Bruins only had 2 PPs to practice but they didn't really earn the soft calls the NHL was eagerly handing out for practice.

Only exhibition. These next games mean a lot more for evaluation... even then... it's meaningless until our round 1.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Sloppy but I guess we have the luxury of still having quite a decent amount of time before our first round series.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
First three shifts were great. Rest of the first period was bad. Bruins were improved in the second and third.

Krejci line was outstanding. There's going to be lots of talk about Stud but he received a lot of setups and didn't do well with them. If he plays in that spot he's gotta be better.

First goal was on Kuraly but he was really good after that. Until the shift at the end of the game, the fourth line struggled. Get Lindholm out of there.

Defense really struggled with the first pass. Chara and McAvoy were the only ones who looked good.

As for the Jackets, I thought they looked sharp. They didn't give up much. The only guy who struggled was Savard. Why do I hate Nash now?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

incidental otter

Registered Spraint
May 27, 2015
Meh.

I found the players' and coaches' suntans to be a bit strange. Playoff hockey is supposed to feature guys who haven't really been outdoors for 6 months.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Realistically that couldn't have gone much worse with the Marchand injury. He looked really bad before then too. Can't read into him not coming back since it's exhibition though, a player could break a nail and he's probably not going back in.

Only real positive that stood out is that DeBrusk-Krejci-Studnicka looked good but then Bruce split them up so that was odd.

Bergeron and Pasta looked fine but Bergeron's passing/shot was off.

Kuraly had a rough start but was maybe their best player in periods 2 and 3.

Every D-man had a bad game. McAvoy and Grz weren't great with the puck, and I thought McAvoy lacked awareness at times. Chara was meh. Carlo was slow and off with his passes. Krug was turning it over, and Moore/Lauzon were really bad. I like Clifton over Moore anyways so I'd like to see him get a shot.

Rask was fine, could have had the 3rd one although that was also awful defense. Halak was fine, got bailed out by the post a bit.

Reactions: bbfan419

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Glad it was only an exhibition as the Bruins looked quite rusty but I don't like the seeding. We win the Presidents trophy and am I correct in saying that signifies we are the top team?? Why give the trophy out if your not going to honor it's meaning??

In the WC, who gets the top seed - STL (94 points in 71 GP) or COL (92 points in 70 GP)? Who gets second or third seed in the east - TBL or WSH? There's a lot of close calls where you have a good argument for either team.

Plus, when you consider the teams are not the same as before the pause, it makes seeding less consequential.

And finally, the tiebreaker is regular season standings, so we do have a big advantage, because there are only 3 RR games.

It's a good chance to warm up in games that are slightly meaningful, but not lose-and-you're out.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad