GDT: Is'nt their a game tonight? | Game 29 | Sens @ Oil | Wed Dec 4th 9:30 | TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Who would have thought the Sens would have won this after watching that 1st period. lol

Quite nice to be on the other side of this type of game though.

There have been many games where the Sens have dominated in the 1st, but then has looked like shit for the rest of the game.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Credit to the PK and Borowiecki particular for closing out that game. Tremendous kills.

It seemed Boro was on the ice for most of the last 5 mins and made some great awareness plays (I know).

Reactions: Chabobombski72

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm all in on the tank, but you need these sporadic wins so it doesn't become entirely unwatchable. I'm sure this went a long way in lifting the players' spirits after such a long string of losses.

Reactions: Deku and DrEasy

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I'm all in on the tank, but you need these sporadic wins so it doesn't become entirely unwatchable. I'm sure this went a long way in lifting the players' spirits after such a long string of losses.

Just go to the Wings board and ask them what they think of all the losing they are doing right now. lol

StutzlingAway

Feb 28, 2017
All I know is something is positively infectious in this teams locker room. Great leadership from guys like Pageau Anderson And others that we probably don't see behind the scenes. Also DJ smith is doing a hell of a job for a first year head coach with an unproven squad. I have enjoyed watching this team more than the past few years despite the lack of talent. Having a young player as engaged as Tkachuk also does wonders for a team. I bet he motivates the heck out of the older players reminding them the love of the game and what not.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Nothing could be better for the long term and for the tank than occasional wins where pretty much all the UFA’s produce.

Points/goals from Ennis, Tierney, Namestnikov, Anisimov, Hainsey, Demelo, Duclair. Keep pumping up that value boys.

All I know is something is positively infectious in this teams locker room. Great leadership from guys like Pageau Anderson And others that we probably don't see behind the scenes. Also DJ smith is doing a hell of a job for a first year head coach with an unproven squad. I have enjoyed watching this team more than the past few years despite the lack of talent. Having a young player as engaged as Tkachuk also does wonders for a team. I bet he motivates the heck out of the older players reminding them the love of the game and what not.

It’s fun to watch a team that won’t quit. Even when they’re down and clearly outskilled they keep coming and working until the final whistle. Tonight was awesome but in a way yesterday was even more impressive, not mailing it in after being down 4-0 in the first.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Don't know if we played all that well or if Edmonton just thought they'd float through with a one goal lead,

I think it's more Edmonton just isn't that good. Riding some exceptional special teams play to start the year. It's not a recipe for success. They have two phenomenal players but they can only carry you so far. There is no supporting cast, Driasital and McDavid have been split up because...
Alex Chiasson - Sam Gagner - James Neal
Jujhar Khaira - Riley Sheahan - Josh Archibald
Markus Granlund - Gaetan Haas - Patrick Russell

That's actual line combos they rolled with when RNH initially got hurt.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I think it's more Edmonton just isn't that good. Riding some exceptional special teams play to start the year. It's not a recipe for success. They have two phenomenal players but they can only carry you so far. There is no supporting cast, Driasital and McDavid have been split up because...
Alex Chiasson - Sam Gagner - James Neal
Jujhar Khaira - Riley Sheahan - Josh Archibald
Markus Granlund - Gaetan Haas - Patrick Russell

That's actual line combos they rolled with when RNH initially got hurt.
That might very well be the worst 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line in the league. Their D is not that good either.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That might very well be the worst 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line in the league. Their D is not that good either.

Imagine taking cracks at the quality of other teams roster when that's what you watch on a regular basis. Those 9 players have combined for 30 goals. 14 of them are from james neal. 10 of his goals are on the pp.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Imagine taking cracks at the quality of other teams roster when that's what you watch on a regular basis. Those 9 players have combined for 30 goals. 14 of them are from james neal. 10 of his goals are on the pp.
I wouldnt be surprised if they fall out of the playoff race by the end of the year.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
We got super lucky in the first half of that game, but maan did Edmonton ever fall apart. Something something mental fortitude something something losing culture:sarcasm:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I wouldnt be surprised if they fall out of the playoff race by the end of the year.
Not having Kassian and RNH just absolutely destroys their depth. Pretty different team without those two players. That being said they could still really use some depth. Ennis is from Edmonton and looked great last night maybe they give the sens something really good for him and Tierney. :)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Particularly when you could lose all year finish last and end up drafting 4th. If you were guaranteed 1st or 2nd by finishing last you could deal with it but all that misery for a ~30% chance at lafrenierre or Byfield is pretty rough.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Reading the Oilers GDT was something else. That fan base has been mentally destroyed with all the failure. They kept calling the sens an AHL team but like have they seen the roster they iced after Mcdavid and Draisaitl. It actually makes this sens team look like it has depth. I am all for the tank but watching certain very vocal edmonton posters just lose their minds was pretty enjoyable. Glad that if the sens were to win one on this road trip its against that team. Overall outside of a select few that fanbase is out to lunch. Now its all Larssons fault haha. They have Chiasson on the pp. He is one of the worst players this organization had ever dressed. He still doesnt understand offside.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ennis works so hard man

Resurgence by him, playing like he did for Buffalo. He is absolutely flying which is his bread and butter, allows him to be effective with his hands and vision.

****in' rights Melo!

He's been absolutely nothing but steady since he's arrived here. Crazy how sharks were laughing him off their team. Some said the best part of EK trade was DeMelo leaving. Smh.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
brown 5 minutes lajoie little time... classic coach as soon as we start losing, he curls up and sits the young guys.. its always the default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad