GDT: Is'nt their a game tonight? | Game 29 | Sens @ Oil | Wed Dec 4th 9:30 | TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
It was funny to hear Chris Stevenson & Lloydy talking about Nick Paul on the radio earlier today where they said he was a man among boys in the AHL earlier this yr & was dominating down there. They even went so far as saying last yr he drove the line with L. Brown & Batherson which made me laugh & think about all the people who had written him off & still are. It's also funny to me that while most including myself have called him a 4th liner & he is playing on one of the top two lines in Ottawa this yr & 10th in scoring on this team so far. Who would have guessed that?
Chris Stevenson and Steve Lloyd have probably only seen 1 or 2 Belleville games at the most. Not saying they are right or wrong, but their opinion may not be the best one. Batherson is clearly doing just fine without Nick Paul.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That's a stretch. I too see humour in it.
But don't you find it interesting that they are even talking about that with him in the first place that they have seen a real transformation in him as a player to be mentioned as a possible future top nine player? And how all of a sudden the coaches all trust him on the ice in important situations, even to take faceoffs, it really is an amazing turn around from potentially being released to making the top six.

If for example Ottawa is unable to draft a guy who is unable to play next season in the NHL or in the top six & needs more development time Ottawa could actually put together a potential top six line of Paul, Logan Brown & Duclair for example. Or Paul, White & Batherson as another example, they were talking like he is in the conversation as a top six player now. That in itself is most surprising to me & has shown how far Paul has come in less than a yr.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Best sequence of the game for me started at about 7:00 of the third. Chabot snaked the puck right off McDavid's stick, got the puck safely out to centre, joined the rush, took a pass and carried the puck all the way in, tried a centering pass that didn't work, and somehow passed every other player on the ice and caught Draisaitl from behind before he could make a play. That was Karlsson-like.

That was literally the exact same moment I was referring to last night, I am glad others agree.

Reactions: NyQuil

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Had the pita for lunch. McDonald’s shortly after :) however just chicken nuggets no burger. Does that count.

all good.
Capture55.PNG

Reactions: tardigrade81

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I can tell you didn't watch the game

Ennis Connor brown duclair white names were all flying out there and deserved to play. It was also a really fast game we were getting caved in by edm speed early on but it looks like Smith figured out that he had to counter with speed

Ennis and Connor brown were eating up their defense with speed
lmao I actually did watch the game... you named 5 (FIVE) players that were playing well.......doesn't mean brown should only get 5 minutes... unless he said something in the room.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
right. I get that.. I just don't see the use
He was too slow and edm was playing fast? Edm would have just send out mcdavid every time brown was on the ice

Pretty simple Esp being in the road young guys will get sheltered

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He was too slow and edm was playing fast? Edm would have just send out mcdavid every time brown was on the ice

Pretty simple Esp being in the road young guys will get sheltered
Is that what was happening? Was Edmonton getting mcdavid out there every time brown was out? That would be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->