GDT: Isles v Yotes 7:30 PM

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Bellows last few games he’s been less of a factor. Like it or not Bailey is heating up and Parise has been playing better than Bellows.

Tonight Czarnik is dressed and on Barzal’s wing with Anders Lee. The coach is looking to get some speed into the lineup and you have a problem with him healthy scratching a guy who may need a kick in his butt like Beauvillier and Dobson did this season. Unbelievable.

I think the coaching staff likes Cz. Will be interesting to see what happens to him next year.

Reactions: MJF

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Bellows last few games he’s been less of a factor. Like it or not Bailey is heating up and Parise has been playing better than Bellows.

Tonight Czarnik is dressed and on Barzal’s wing with Anders Lee. The coach is looking to get some speed into the lineup and you have a problem with him healthy scratching a guy who may need a kick in his butt like Beauvillier and Dobson did this season. Unbelievable.
well i'm all for experiments but not against the coyotes

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
I'm wrong plenty of times. But I have no issue calling out people who speak in insane hyperboles and then do a 180 like... 2 weeks later. It's a light form of trolling. That's the problem dude. It wasn't as if you were talking about some diamond in the rough over a 2 year span that turns into a swan. This was like 2 week period where you were talking about how a [then] 21 year old sucked ass and was a poor man Nick Leddy's who's career we're all going to be disappointed in, and then 2 days later it was all "nevermind, this guys a stud".

Perhaps there's a bit more nuance than you are able to articulate? Or a bit more ups and downs with developing players? Or perhaps our coach might know more on reading those ups and downs and developing those players than someone who one day thinks someone should be traded for hockey pucks and the next day thinks he's one of our best players.

I'm glad you came around on Dobson. I don't really have any ill will towards you, but don't really be surprised if I'm going to take what you say with a grain of salt. Especially with the tribalistic response that if I'm agreeing with our couch and not agreeing with you, then I'm pro everything Trotz does. That's not how things work.

We can agree to disagree and that's fine but to be a rude about my comment that's what I took offense to. We can have a debate and I'm all for it. Regarding Barry, you can't tell me you totally agree with his thinking. We can't score and Brazal has no wingers. Why hasn't Barry given Wahlstrom a try on the wing. He's tried everyone from Palms, Parise, Bailey and I'm sure I'm forgetting 1 or 2 others. The young kids Wahlstrom, Bellows and Dobson have played much better when given a chance to play regular time.

You are right I was all over Dobson in the beginning of the year. But what changed? How about that barry's stranglehold of Dobson's minutes was part of it. When Dobson started playing 20-22 minutes and they let him get more involved with the offense his confidence shot up and look at him now. You have to admit, he looks like a totally different player than before all the covid hit us.

You say I'm wrong about Bellows but how do you know? This hot streak the team is on, you can't tell me players like Wahlstrom, Dobson, Beau, Bellows have played well and been noticeable.

Bailey has played like crap all year, Parise hustle but can't score. Why not give the youngsters a real chance
Bailey 27 games - 3 g 16a - 19pts - plays on 1st or 2nd line, plays on power play. Averages almost 18 minutes per game
Parise 32 games - 1 g 8a - 9 pts
Bellows 18 game - 3 g 6a - 9pts - plays on 3rd line

And Bellows plays the least amount of minutes of the 3 when in the lineup.

Just my opinion. I just don't think we'll make the playoffs too far behind and not even that buy too my teams to jump over.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I remember reading a Jack Han article where when he was working for the Maple Leafs, he had worked up a short list of free agents who he though had the skills to play wing for Matthews. Czarnik was on that list. Not psyched to see Bellows scratched but intrigued to see how this experiment goes

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Crap. Soro in net tonight. That means Varly in net tomorrow night. Eww.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad