Rumor: Isles up offer for Athanasiou

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
It really depends on what kind of "conditional DP" we're taking about here...

If yotes win a playoff series and sign Hall. 1st round pick. If one of those two things happen 2nd round pick. If neither happen 3rd round pick.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I mean if we're taking picks nothing less than a 1st rdp right? Or maybe... Multiple picks in multiple years.

He needs to be apart of a package for a proven player, at the TDL or in the summer. Not sure anything outside a 1st rdp or a collection of picks is worth moving on from AA. ( Though I agree about shopping/trading him) Can't give him away though just cause.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I mean if we're taking picks nothing less than a 1st rdp right? Or maybe... Multiple picks in multiple years.

He needs to be apart of a package for a proven player, at the TDL or in the summer. Not sure anything outside a 1st rdp or a collection of picks is worth moving on from AA. ( Though I agree about shopping/trading him) Can't give him away though just cause.
With the emergence of Fabbri and Zadina the Wings are not going to be able to give AA top 6 minutes (assuming their current pace holds). I think AA is expendable and getting a first round pick would be all I could hope for him honestly.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
With the emergence of Fabbri and Zadina the Wings are not going to be able to give AA top 6 minutes (assuming their current pace holds). I think AA is expendable and getting a first round pick would be all I could hope for him honestly.
AA might get a 2nd round pick

Reactions: lilidk

bearball

Sep 11, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK
If AA thinks he's being shopped I'm going to guess that getting him signed will be nigh impossible.

Logically, it makes no difference if he signs that deal with us or with another team though. As long as the communication with him was frank I can't see any other reason why he could possibly object if the money was correct between all parties involved.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Logically, it makes no difference if he signs that deal with us or with another team though. As long as the communication with him was frank I can't see any other reason why he could possibly object if the money was correct between all parties involved.

I think it's easier for the Wings to move him if his cost is locked in. But he's probably going to want to negotiate with whoever trades for him, which I think will limit trade partners a bit because they are looking at an uncertain cost with him going forward. I'm not sure there is a "correct" amount other than who has the most power in a negotiation to tilt the terms in their favor.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
I don't think the Wings look to trade him until the trade deadline in hopes he can rebound a bit. Trading him now would be selling low.

Reactions: lilidk

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
More or less a joke amongst Isles fans who are tired of waiting for MDC’s top 10 pedigree to materialize. The fancy stats are starting to support him, and he’s been a late bloomer his whole life. Good character kid. I expect to see him in more than 1 proposal going forward.
But I get shooting down any offer with him in it, as his value isn’t high.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
the offer of MDC is more or less a joke amongst Isles fans who are tired of waiting for MDC’s top 10 pedigree to materialize. On the bright side, some fancy stats are starting to support him, and he’s been a late bloomer his whole life. Good character kid. I expect to see him in more than 1 proposal going forward.
But I get shooting down any offer with him in it, as his value isn’t high. It’s pretty low.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
the offer of MDC is more or less a joke amongst Isles fans who are tired of waiting for MDC’s top 10 pedigree to materialize. On the bright side, some fancy stats are starting to support him, and he’s been a late bloomer his whole life. Good character kid. I expect to see him in more than 1 proposal going forward.
But I get shooting down any offer with him in it, as his value isn’t high. It’s pretty low.

A million miles... a million miles.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
I could see MDC a Yzerman target, but more in the lines of what he gave up for Fabbri or Perlini.

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019
Since Florida signed bobs to that huge deal, anyway we could see them trade knight for a package based around AA + picks or another prospect like svech?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Since Florida signed bobs to that huge deal, anyway we could see them trade knight for a package based around AA + picks or another prospect like svech?

Yes, if that package includes Seider, AA, our 1st rounder, they might think about it for a second. In other-words not going to happen unless we give up way more than we should for a goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00