Staples Twitter: Isles trade for Dan Boyle *Not signing, Snow to trade rights*

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Does that now push Willie Mitchell out the door? I'd love him on a 3 yr deal.

I don't think Mitchell will sign with us to be honest but if we did I hope we would sign another defensemen as well(and probably get rid of Strait in the process). I don't think Mitchell is the answer to our defensenmen problems but he could improve the situation a bit

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I would love to get Greene but no way id give him a four year deal.

Simple fact is no matter who we sign as a UFA we will have to give them a contract that won't look so nice(unless we get low end players)

zhinckley

Dec 18, 2013
Simple fact is no matter who we sign as a UFA we will have to give them a contract that won't look so nice(unless we get low end players)

Yeah, that's why I wouldn't risk it. Out of the blue, I still think the Islanders should really look hard at Jeremy Morin.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
I would take Willie Mitchell. He'd fill a need and I'm not really scared off by his age. It's not like we're overloaded with late-30s veterans.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I still think there's a small chance a deal can be made. I don't blame Boyle for wanting to test the market at all, but hopefully Garth still puts out a good offer.

I just don't see it. Even if we offer the most $$$, chances are one of NYR, TBL, or TOR will offer him 2 years, and I'm sure that he would prefer to play in any one of those places more than here - regardless of the dollar amount.

It was a good try, but I've already moved on from Boyle. If he does sign though, I'll be very pleased(and surprised).

dtrain24

May 5, 2014
Farmingdale, NY.
I just don't see it. Even if we offer the most $$$, chances are one of NYR, TBL, or TOR will offer him 2 years, and I'm sure that he would prefer to play in any one of those places more than here - regardless of the dollar amount.

It was a good try, but I've already moved on from Boyle. If he does sign though, I'll be very pleased(and surprised).

Same, pretty much. Mentally, I've moved on from him as well, and would be pleasantly surprised if he does sign. You're right about other places being his preferred choices. We'll just have to wait and see come July 1. We still need to walk away from FA with at least a stop-gap D-Man.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
If Toronto want to give up something decent for his rights, I say trade him, and we might even get more than what we paid for him in the first place

The time for trading UFA rights has passed. While you cannot sign any deals for a few days, as of today any team can approach any UFA and come to terms on a verbal deal.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
If Boyle goes to the Rag$, he will have to be taunted like King Arthur was by the guy with the outrageous French accent (John Cleese) in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Would you give 4 years, 16 mil to Fayne, basically the money we would have given to A-Mac?

BroadwayJay*

I wonder if we trade Boyle to TML, if in the negotiations for Boyle's right we can work on possibly prying Reimer from them.

Toronto appears to have a real cap situation developing. If they sign Bolland to this big contract, they're going to be in a lot of trouble with Reimer's qualifying offer.

The have 20 million to sign 8 players, many of whom are due raises.

Imagine that they give 5 of that 20 to Bolland!

BroadwayJay*

Did you miss the part where Broadway Jay said they have $20 m for 8 players? Don't see how TML sign him.

I agree, but it is the Leafs... so who knows what they'll do?

Do they have any more good players to get rid of to make cap space?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Did you miss the part where Broadway Jay said they have $20 m for 8 players? Don't see how TML sign him.

Did you miss the part where there is reports that they have "serious" intrest in Him.

I don't care about the leafs cap situation. The more money they have tied into dumb contracts the better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad