Staples Twitter: Isles trade for Dan Boyle *Not signing, Snow to trade rights*

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Garth Snow is freaking reading my mind. Doing everything he should be doing IMO.

Boyle was one of my top 3 UFA picks, an absolutely perfect placeholder to provide a veteran presence.

If he signs, we get EXACTLY what we need and sacrifice, oh no, another 4th round pick. The 5th overall stays in the organization.

Nikolai Koolaidman

Mar 7, 2014
Snow's making some moves now if we get him signed before FA we can put all our efforts into signing a Top 6 winger and back-up goalie

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Holy crap, 2 big moves BEFORE July 1st by Garth? Wonder what is next for Garth. I'm still mesmerized at aquiring Halak and now Boyle. Lets get him signed!

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
Hey....maybe Barroway already owns the team? I don't see Wang allowing this unless he is trying to make the sale happen. This is SO unlike him.....moves that help the team win?

Hey, maybe he's trying to raise the price.

MikeT98213

Dec 18, 2002
Visit site
This is a good move. The question now is more a matter of term than money. Boyle is 38 and his game has diminished. He can probably still be very effective for another 2 years but I would be very reluctant to sign him to a longer contract unless the years beyond the 2nd come at a substantial reduction in salary.

The hope is also that after the 2nd year of a deal with Boyle, some of the young defensemen will be able to assume the role of offensive defenseman/power play QB.

ML19

Nov 21, 2011
Long Island
He will definitely shore up the defense while providing a veteran presence. I like the move - hopefully garth can lock him up for a year or two. I wonder what the d pairings will look like if he signs here.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Snow is finally doing something to address team needs. Solid move. He must know its now or never for his job.

Nice PP QB takes the pressure off of CDH and the fragile Vis to run the PP and offense.
We still need a solid defensive defenseman who can settle the team down from getting trapped in their zone and coughing up late leads. Closing out games we lead in is a main fix we have to make from last year.
But good first step if we can get him inked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad