Player Discussion: Isles sign Golyshev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
He's a good option for BP. Then maybe as a potential call up given the Isles lost Lee. Depth is never a bad thing. Peter Holland and Pavel Datsyuk have slightly more points than him on the same team. This is a good barometer.
How is it a good barometer? Peter Holland is a now 30 yr old first round bust and Pavel Datsyuk is an NHL legend but is now 42 years old. All this tells us about Golyshev is that he could be somewhere between terrible and very good in the NHL.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Comes with a ELC. Taxi squad has lots of space. Don’t see a downside here.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
How is it a good barometer? Peter Holland is a now 30 yr old first round bust and Pavel Datsyuk is an NHL legend but is now 42 years old. All this tells us about Golyshev is that he could be somewhere between terrible and very good in the NHL.

I think your being generous here Uncle.

My expectations are somewhere between terrible and serviceable.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I'll be very, very surprised if we see him on the Island this season let alone this side of Christmas. That being said, contract terms should be interesting because at 26 he will probably only sign for one year or two.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I think your being generous here Uncle.

My expectations are somewhere between terrible and serviceable.
I agree, but I was commenting on was the placing of Holland to Datsyuk in the same sentence and to then use them as some sort of barometer for what this guy might be in the NHL. It's like saying use Gilbert Gottfried and Laurence Olivier as barometers for what an actor might become.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Not expecting much if anything, but given our cap situation we should be bringing in any young(ish) prospect who has a shot of playing in the NHL.

The only thing to watch out for is the 50 contract limit. As I see it adding Gloyshev puts us at 48 out of 50. Unlike opening up cap space, it's easier to dump a contact or two, but still the more flexibility you have the better.

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
Very skilled, smart, and tenacious player, but his speed isn't going to wow you for a guy that small. I watched a fair bit of KHL in 17, 18 and 19. I expect him to be a useful middle sixer in the NHL

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Very skilled, smart, and tenacious player, but his speed isn't going to wow you for a guy that small. I watched a fair bit of KHL in 17, 18 and 19. I expect him to be a useful middle sixer in the NHL
I’ve read that tenacious is a good way to describe him so he has that going for him I guess. I read once an NHLer to compare him too would be Komarov LOL so I guess we will love him. I did also read his skill level was higher than Leo’s to be fair.

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I'm surprised it's actually happening, figured he was the new Petrov. Not expecting much though, but hoping for the best as always.
Worth signing I suppose but hard to get too excited over this.

I guess he's a lottery ticket.
A scratch off. No Powerball ticket here.

Reactions: PWJunior

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
So you're saying he's got a chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia