Player Discussion: Isles sign Golyshev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Time to see if he's good enough for the NA game, his size is a bit of a negative, but he is supposedly quite skilled.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm surprised it's actually happening, figured he was the new Petrov. Not expecting much though, but hoping for the best as always.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I like it. It's a low risk move. Isles try to address a middle six need and if they can without giving up assets ...great.
Save those trade chips to use in another trade.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Good stuff. Goly is super skilled. I remember a few years ago him taking pictures with his young son in isles gear.

Does he come over and join us right away? Maybe they give him a shot on the third LW slot?

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Its a low risk move for sure, but how likely is it that a guy comes from another league, another country in March and contributes immediately? If he does, that's fantastic and I'll get his jersey (well, maybe a t-shirt....or maybe I'll just cheer) but I'm carving his name into the lineup just yet. You'd think that he'd need a training camp - at minimum - to get on track here. Its good that we have a decent Russian presence on the team though. I'm sure that will help.

Reactions: bigtim1988

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's a good option for BP. Then maybe as a potential call up given the Isles lost Lee. Depth is never a bad thing. Peter Holland and Pavel Datsyuk have slightly more points than him on the same team. This is a good barometer.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Its a low risk move for sure, but how likely is it that a guy comes from another league, another country in March and contributes immediately? If he does, that's fantastic and I'll get his jersey (well, maybe a t-shirt....or maybe I'll just cheer) but I'm carving his name into the lineup just yet. You'd think that he'd need a training camp - at minimum - to get on track here. Its good that we have a decent Russian presence on the team though. I'm sure that will help.

Difficult to assess. Sharangovich and Kurashev are two guys who have changed my thinking a bit although to your point, they started the season here. I bring them up because they look a little different then the usual shot in the arm import. Those guys are typically scorers that are penciled in on someone's second line. These two are skilled players who look good in different situations and chip in offensively. I have seen both of them a fair amount and like the game they play. Fingers crossed we have some help coming for either club. Soundtigers are not so great.

Reactions: crasherino

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
He has a lot of pro experience, so hopefully he can adjust quickly to NA play. But won't he have to go through waivers since he was playing in another league at the start of the season? Or did that rule change?

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
He will not only have to adjust to new country, new language, and smaller rinks, but he also needs to learn the Trotz system. He won't play an Islanders game for a long while.

Reactions: xECK29x

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Is he coming over this spring? KHL season is over and his team was eliminated.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Interesting. I have heard mixed things about this fellow. Willing to give him a shot I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad