Proposal: Isles-Sens

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Islander fan here... If looking at Ladd vs. Stone right now. Maybe after a few drinks and trying to be overly diplomatic I might say... It's a tie. But then the second no ones looking I'm all... "It's Stone AINEC!"

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
Please take a look at whom Ceci has been saddled with as far as partners go, before you just look at the stats please:shakehead

You know last year he played more with Methot than the likes of Cowen or Boro. His stats remained terrible. Thats the point of relative stats, they try to remove the impact of your team.

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
Islander fan here... If looking at Ladd vs. Stone right now. Maybe after a few drinks and trying to be overly diplomatic I might say... It's a tie. But then the second no ones looking I'm all... "It's Stone AINEC!"

As an islanders fan would you agree that:

Stone >> Ladd

De Haan >> Ceci

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Stone is easily better then Ladd right now. It is not particularly close.

Really? They score pretty much the same but Stone is that superior already?

I'd say they're about the same right now with Stone trending upwards and Ladd trending downwards

Re: de Haan vs Ceci. Anyone that's watched de Hahn play the past couple of years knows he's going to make the defenseman he plays with better. What I'm reading about Ceci here is that his partner determines how good of a defenseman is. Granted, that's from one poster but it isn't a compliment.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
You know last year he played more with Methot than the likes of Cowen or Boro. His stats remained terrible. Thats the point of relative stats, they try to remove the impact of your team.
no he didnt...
33.78%EVCECI,CODY - WIERCIOCH,PATRICK 21.79%EVCECI,CODY - PHANEUF,DION 13.56%EVCECI,CODY - METHOT,MARC 12.57%EVCECI,CODY - COWEN,JARED - See more at: http://dobberhockey.com/frozenpool_...ine+Combinations&sent=go#sthash.mzyWOck3.dpuf

33.78% - CECI,CODY - WIERCIOCH,PATRICK
21.79% - CECI,CODY - PHANEUF,DION
13.56% - CECI,CODY - METHOT,MARC
12.57% - CECI,CODY - COWEN,JARED

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I agreed with you on that. My question to you, was if you could have just one player this coming season who would you choose. Pretend the NHL was going to have a 10 year lockout after this coming season, which player would you choose for just this year?

Stone easily.

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
Really? They score pretty much the same but Stone is that superior already?

I'd say they're about the same right now with Stone trending upwards and Ladd trending downwards

Re: de Haan vs Ceci. Anyone that's watched de Hahn play the past couple of years knows he's going to make the defenseman he plays with better. What I'm reading about Ceci here is that his partner determines how good of a defenseman is. Granted, that's from one poster but it isn't a compliment.

Stone is a lot better. He scores at a much higher rate than Ladd, excels possession wise, and is super underrated defensively (lead the entire nhl in takeaways by a margin of 51).

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
You just showed me that he had more ice time with Methot than with Cowen or with Boro, like I said?

It also shows that he had to drag the corpse of Patrick Wiercioch around the ice ~34% of the time. The difference after the Phaneuf trade was night and day, I'd expect Ceci to take a serious step forward this season.

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
It also shows that he had to drag the corpse of Patrick Wiercioch around the ice ~34% of the time. The difference after the Phaneuf trade was night and day, I'd expect Ceci to take a serious step forward this season.

Wiercioch was the one carrying Ceci. You can see that Wiercioch's numbers away from Ceci are better, while Ceci's numbers away from Wiercioch are worse.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Wiercioch was the one carrying Ceci. You can see that Wiercioch's numbers away from Ceci are better, while Ceci's numbers away from Wiercioch are worse.
Yeah numbers say Wiercioch is an nhl defender ,everything else says he isnt :shakehead

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
that was my point when showing who he played with... and the difference before/after the Phaneuf trade

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009

The only thing Wiercioch was carrying, was his line into the ground. If you watched him play at all, you'd throw all those advanced stats into the garbage, because in this case, they are incredibly wrong.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
As somehow who is coming around on advanced stats, let me add to the Parade.

Patrick Weircoch is NOT an NHL caliber defenseman, let alone one that should be playing middle pairing minutes.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Yeah. This is an example of advanced stats obviously being wrong.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

This so many times over.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
I wouldn't let Stone go for anyone on the Islanders aside from Tavares.

I agree the op favors the isles, but c'mon, that ridiculous. How good is Stone that he deserves that offer? He barely out scored Nelson. Nelson+ would be adequate.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016
I wouldn't let Stone go for anyone on the Islanders aside from Tavares.

I agree the op favors the isles, but c'mon, that ridiculous. How good is Stone that he deserves that offer? He barely out scored Nelson. Nelson+ would be adequate.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

What? Stone had 61 points to Nelson's 40. He had 64 the previous year to Nelson's 42. That's a huge gap in production.

If you're going by goal scoring only, that's a flawed way to look at it considering it ignores Stone's superior playmaking.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I love Tavares... But I am not sure I trade Stone for him straight up. Stone makes a lot less money for two more years.

Ottawa takes this and runs away laughing.

What? Stone had 61 points to Nelson's 40. He had 64 the previous year to Nelson's 42. That's a huge gap in production.

If you're going by goal scoring only, that's a flawed way to look at it considering it ignores Stone's superior playmaking.

And Stone is one of the best upcoming defensive forwards imo.

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016

Is stone on the same level as Tavares. I'm just throwing the same garbage offers as you guys.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Is stone on the same level as Tavares. I'm just throwing the same garbage offers as you guys.

Who is "you guys"? I'm not a Senators fan.

And you're not understanding that person's post if you think they believe Stone = Tavares. They're saying that's pretty much the only player on the Isles they'd want for Stone. It would be like an Islanders fan saying "The only Oiler I'd trade Hamonic for is McDavid". Doesn't mean they think Hamonic = McDavid.

Besides, I quoted you for the bolded. Nelson did not produce anywhere close to Stone. So your bolded statement was incorrect. In fact, ironically enough, the gap between Tavares and Stones' production last year was a lot closer than the gap between Stone and Nelson's. ;)

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O

:laugh: Aaaand any shred of credibility is lost. If Wier was carrying Ceci, why is Ceci a big part of our core, and Wiercioch allowed to walk, and as yet, without a job? You just proved you either haven't watched any Sens games last year, or don't know anything about hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad