Pre-Game Talk: Isles Reg Season Finale, April 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcv2002

Jun 22, 2006
Got my tickets in Sec 220... Looking forward to it. Hope the score is similar to last Saturday's game..

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
Do the islanders have anything planned? Pre or post game ceremonies? Legends? Anything?

Wondering the same thing. Usually the Islanders are pretty lame at the ceremony thing (Much like the Mets) and I have to wonder if ownership really cares or is the taste so bad in their mouth that they can't leave fast enough.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Two hilarious moments off the top of my head. After an opening day game, probably in 1996, we lit one of our grills and started cooking some burgers and hot dogs while waiting for the Coliseum parking lot to empty out. We had the Yankees blasting on a ffew car radios. Along comes Stan Fischler on his way to the car that brought him to the game, stops to fnd out the score of the baseball game, and mooches a hot dog from us!

Another time in the early 1990s we were in the Marriott after a regular season loss (of which there were many) probably right before Christmas, we were drowning our sorrows in some post-game beers and Jiggs McDonald came into the bar. Since there were very few people left there he sat down with me and my friends and we bought him a drink while he was waiting for the people he was waiting for to arrive.

As we get closer to April 11th, I'm sure more memories will come up to the surface.

You going to the game? You still owe me a beer from last years playoff prediction thread ;)

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Planning a mild tailgate but wondering if people will stick around inside after the game is over. I may want to soak in the moment of the last regular season game even if we have playoffs ahead.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Planning a mild tailgate but wondering if people will stick around inside after the game is over. I may want to soak in the moment of the last regular season game even if we have playoffs ahead.

I would think so. Playoffs are just a different animal.

Tix are $84. Jiggs said that the starting time is "just before 7" and the game is 7:10 or something like that.

So something is going on. I'm not sure of the availability of PO tix or their cost, so I'm going to treat this like my potential last game.

Large coffee, 5 hr energy, and some other things, and Ill be "just right"

See yall there!

Last edited:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
And yes -- the sober, astute reader will note my avatar change ---

From the often misunderstood Sheryl, to Shawn Bates after his PS goal.

I'm thinking we need some BIG plays from NOT THE TAVARES line to get past Wash. In the spirit of the little man, he has been promoted to my avatar.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Having been to the first game ever, then seeing the first win in Islanders history, 3-2 over the Kings-once the pre game show begins tonight, that's when it hit. Not only the great memories but the friendships you made at the Coliseum. Would not trade that for anything.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
Having been to the first game ever, then seeing the first win in Islanders history, 3-2 over the Kings-once the pre game show begins tonight, that's when it hit. Not only the great memories but the friendships you made at the Coliseum. Would not trade that for anything.

Was at the first game as 12 year old kid...and the last at 54. Real mixed feelings.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Was at the first game as 12 year old kid...and the last at 54. Real mixed feelings.

Very cool to be at both the first and last. Would have liked to have done the same. Real mixed feelings too-Especially for original fans like us. The old barn was kind of a second home. Sad but not going to cry either. At least for me Brooklyn will be easier since instead of driving 4 hours each way can drive to Woodlawn subway, park and not have to drive all the way to Barclay's. Have a great time tonight.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
Very cool to be at both the first and last. Would have liked to have done the same. Real mixed feelings too-Especially for original fans like us. The old barn was kind of a second home. Sad but not going to cry either. At least for me Brooklyn will be easier since instead of driving 4 hours each way can drive to Woodlawn subway, park and not have to drive all the way to Barclay's. Have a great time tonight.

My program from that first night....first edition program from 1972.

attachment.php

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
My program from that first night....first edition program from 1972.

attachment.php

That's great, have that same program in my collection, also those media guides they put out every season. Over the years, made a collection of newspaper clippings of just about everything Islanders-game stories, trades, the draft, ect going all the way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad